23 January, 2015

Experimenting with Fondant- Ribbons & Bows

Hi everyone!

So lately I've been trying to experiment with fondant, as you've seen with one of my previous posts where I made a Giraffe Cake. I've also been wanting to try out other things as well, which is why I decided to try making a ribbon and a bow!
Fondant Ribbon and Bow

As you can see, it's not the best bow, and it's definitely not the best ribbon. This is definitely something that I have found really hard, it took me a long time to do the ribbon and it STILL didn't turn out perfect. The part that I personally found hard was rolling the fondant out so long and thin that it would tear apart as soon as you tried to lift it. As for the bow... it wasn't AS hard as the ribbon, but was still difficult, trying to make it look as even as possible and like a real ribbon.
In all honesty- for a beginner's attempt, it's pretty good (if I do say so myself). I am a perfectionist and often put way too much pressure on myself to be perfect straight away and that can't always happen, sometimes there are things that take a lot of practice and it looks like ribbons and bows are one of those things!

I'd love to hear your stories, or any advice/tips you may have, so feel free to leave them below in the comments!
Fondant Ribbon and Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns