29 January, 2015

Experimenting with Fondant- Robin

Continuing my experiments with fondant, this time I made a Robin! A friend of mine has asked me to make a cake for his mother's birthday and she loves Robins so I thought I should probably give it a trial run first before I agree to do it! I think he has come out very well though and it didn't even take me long to do which is a good sign!

Fondant Robin
As always I like to say what I do and don't like about them: I seem to have a bit of a problem with the fact that the brown fondant is very malleable, which is great for moulding but not great for fingerprints which show up easily as the colour is so dark! I'm sure wearing gloves or something would help that though. Apart from that, I'm actually pretty happy with this! He's a good size, he's cute and there isn't very much that I don't like! Yay!

As always, I'd love to hear your feedback or tips in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns