01 January, 2015

Giraffe Cake- Trying something new on New Years Day!

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a really fabulous time whatever you did and are looking forward to 2015! I feel really positive about this year. I'm not sure why- but I hope I'm right!

So, today I spent my New Years Day making this really lovely Giraffe cake. I have never made anything out of fondant before, I've only used it to cover cakes, but I thought today would be a good day to start a new year by trying something new!

I think he turned out really well, what do you think? Have you tried anything new, or are you thinking of trying anything new in 2015? Let me know in the comments below!
Fondant Giraffe Cake
Fondant Giraffe Cake

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute :D I love creating things out of fondant, it comes in such great colours and that's half the battle! I haven't decided what to challenge myself with this year but will definitely give it some thought. Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely made me want to try more new things this year. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. This is SO precious! I have never worked with fondant, but now i'm totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phi! Fondant's really fun to work with, as long as you have lots of patience! I definitely want to make more little animals now! Happy New Year! :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns