07 February, 2015

Big Hero 6- Baymax (from Fondant)

If you didn't know by now, I'm a huge Disney fan. I have well over 100 Disney DVDs, I collect Disney ornaments, the majority of my belongings have something Disney on them... it's bad. But it's who I am so I'm cool with it and people who know me expect no less. However, I had purposely held back from making any Disney characters out of fondant because I knew once I started I wouldn't be able to stop, plus it was nice to do something that had no relation to Disney. Surprise people a bit, you know.

Then I went to see Disney's Big Hero 6 at the cinema. For those of you who don't know this movie, it's basically a Marvel Comic Book that Disney have turned into a movie and added their own Disney flourishes to it. I've been excited to see it but also a bit worried- after the huge success of Frozen, would they be able to make a film that was just as good or maybe even, better?! Luckily, my worries were put to rest because let me tell you- it is amazing. I wouldn't say it is better than Frozen, but I am a Disney Princess at heart so it's difficult for a film aimed more at boys to capture my heart as much as a Princess film would. But even so, I loved it. Just to give you a brief synopsis without giving anything away- it's about a really smart teenage boy and his gang of friends who become superheroes to defeat a mysterious masked villain, with the help of their friendly robot sidekick, Baymax.

So now I've got that out of the way- let me introduce my fondant Baymax! He was by far the best and my favourite character and all I could think about on the way home was "I wonder if I could make him out of fondant?!". Yeah, my life has become like that now... Haha!

Fondant Baymax from Disney's Big Hero 6
But I did it! It didn't take me very long and I did just kind of throw him together to see if I could, so he's not the best creation but I still love him. I had to leave him overnight to harden him up so he would actually stand up rather than falling- and you can see in this picture he is drooping slightly so that is something I will need to work on, but overall not bad!

I'm going to try to NOT make too many Disney characters because I'll get obsessed, but I also know that this resolve probably won't last long- especially as I'm off to Walt Disney World in 134 days. Not that I'm counting...

Let me know what you think of my Baymax in the comments below- and also if you've seen the film what you thought! *no spoilers please*. P.S if anyone is smart enough to build me a robot Baymax, I will love you forever.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! This is the cutest thing ever! Great job and an awesome film. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha, it definitely is an awesome film! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns