28 February, 2015

Reflecting back on February

Monthly Reflections
So you might remember that last month I did a very similar post at the end of January to reflect back on my month. (If not, you can see it here!) I really feel that as I'm still a beginner in baking and cake decorating it's a good idea to reflect back on my month and think about the good stuff and the bad stuff! I've also decided to include little things that have perhaps happened to me this month as well, so it's more of a lifestyle kind of post. :)

The "Not So Great" Stuff

Still can't think of a better word. :/

  • My Fondant Teddy Bear- He wasn't that bad, but he also wasn't great and I never felt truly happy with him. Poor fella, he was still cute though! Sometimes I find that if I'm not 100% in the mood to make something, it just won't go right because I'm not fully concentrating and putting in as much effort as I should be.
  • Sian, where art thou?- I really wanted to take part in lots of twitter chats, get to know other bloggers and basically immerse myself in the blogging community. However, life got in the way and I didn't do that. So that's definitely something I will be trying hard to do in March, so if anyone knows of any good twitter chats leave them in the comments below! I've already added lots to my calendar so that I can keep up to date and try to join in as best I can.

The Good Stuff!


  • Reaching 1000 views- It might seem small to some people but to me this is huge! I never thought that in two months I would reach 1000 views so the day I logged in and saw that just made me so happy. Thank you to everyone that's helped me reach that goal! :D
  • My first Cake order- My friend asked me to bake a cake for his mum's birthday, which you can see here! Now it kinda doesn't count as a cake order because it was just my friend ordering it and there was no pressure, but I still wanted it to be perfect and I put a lot of effort into it. He seemed to really like it, so this is definitely an achievement! :)
  • I have decided to start running!- So this isn't cake related... or even really a real achievement, but I basically have always hated exercise or any sports so for me to actually want to go running is an achievement in itself. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Thank you to everyone who reads my blog, follows me whether on Bloglovin, Twitter, Instagram- wherever. I'm really grateful to everyone I have met via this blog and everyone is SO nice. I can't wait to see what March brings and I'm really enjoying reflecting back on my months, it'll be awesome to read at the end of 2015!
What have you achieved in February? Is there anything you want to work on? Let me know in the comments below! Also if you're not following me yet, see the links below, I'd love you to come and join us! :)
Love, Sian xo

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your views & the cake looks amazing! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post! Congrats on 1000 views! I just got my first paid cake order as well (my friend's mom is hiring me to make cookies and a cake for her dad's birthday) I'm already stressing out over it and it isn't until May! I've also been absent on social media... I'm terrible at twitter and google plus. I don't even know what these chats are that you're talking about-- I'll have to do some research on that! I'm so excited to read more about your blogging and baking journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda!! Good luck for your first order, I'm sure you'll do great and you have plenty of time to prepare! I did a couple of trial runs before which helped a lot.
      Twitter chats are really good, there are ones that talk about blogging or food and there's the popular beauty and fashion ones. You basically just follow a hashtag and chat to other bloggers!
      Thanks for your lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! I'm absolutely awful at fondant modelling. My mum does a lot of cake decorating and consistently has 2-6 cakes every two weeks or so. I can tell you that your bear is better than mine was!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I find Youtube videos help so much with learning to do fondant modelling. I'm hoping to do some posts soon that might help! :) x

      Delete
  4. congrats on reaching 1000 views, its alot to be proud of

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great overview (I always love reading overviews!) And congrats on 1000 view :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phi! :) I love reading overviews too haha!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns