24 February, 2015

Robin Cake

Hi Everyone!

So, you may remember that a little while ago, I made this little guy in preparation for a cake I was to make for my friend. Well, here is the finished product!

My friend asked me to make a birthday cake for his mum and he told me that she likes Robins. Robins are normally very much associated with Christmas, so it was really difficult to think of something to do for a birthday cake. In the end I decided to go for a very simple theme (as I'm still not overly experienced I don't like to push myself too much if the cake is for someone else and I don't know them!) and I think it came out pretty well! If you haven't guessed from my other blog posts, I am always really hard on myself and this is definitely something I'm trying to work on and slowly I'm easing up on myself!

I like the Robin (this is a NEW robin, just so you don't worry that I'm giving people month-old icing!) and I like the tree design. It's just a sweet cake, it's nothing too fancy but sometimes you just don't need anything overly fancy, do you?


Another note, I did wipe away the Buttercream icing under the Robin as it kinda looks like he's pooped himself doesn't it? Hahaha.

Let me know what you think in the comments below! :) I've got a lot of new posts coming up helping you to decorate your cakes, so they will be coming up over the next few weeks!
Sian xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns