20 March, 2015

10 things I'm trying to do more of in 2015 | Lifestyle

10 Things I'm Trying to do More of in 2015
After the success of my Disney Tag and my reflection posts I decided to do another lifestyle post, this time talking about some changes I've made in 2015 for the better! I am definitely one of those people who always says "this is the year I'm going to change my life!" and then go back to old habits on January 2nd. I definitely haven't been doing all of these things since January 1st, but I'm still proud of some of the changes I've made since then, big or small!

  1. Remembering old passions- I used to love drawing (as you can see in my picture above), reading, singing, writing. Then I grew up and went out to work and became "career focused" and forgot about all those passions. Last year I went through an awful, life-changing experience and realised that yes, a career is a wonderful thing to have but it is not the be all and end all. I know this is said a lot but no one ever dies and thinks "damn, I wish I worked more." So I've been dedicating time not only to baking and writing my blog, but to drawing pictures again, reading new books, singing- and it's been so much fun.

  2. Starting Couch to 5k- So I've spoken about this quite a lot so far on Twitter and Instagram and if you're fed up of it then I'm really sorry haha! But why do I talk about it so much? Because I am bloody proud of myself! Basically, I have never been into any sports or exercise of any form. I have always been chubby since I was a little girl and have always wished that I could get into some form of exercise. But it never happens... Until now! At the end of February, I decided really randomly that I was going to start running. I looked into the Couch to 5k and thought it would be perfect and so far I'm REALLY loving it! It slowly builds you up and you don't finish feeling crappy about yourself because you're so unfit. Hopefully I'll still be this enthusiastic about it when I finish the 9 weeks!

  3. Looking after my hair- Not that I ever DIDN'T look after my hair, but I've definitely been taking much better care of it. In November 2013 I had my hair cut to chin length and loved it, but now I miss having long hair and I want to grow it out before I go to Florida in June. I'm doing well, it's now at shoulder length and I definitely think that's due to the care I'm taking. I now only wash it every other day (I used to wash it every day) and am going to now try to wash it less than that, although I'll probably fail at that because I hate my hair even feeling slightly greasy! I also hardly ever use heat on my hair anymore apart from when I'm dressing up for something. Here's hoping for long luscious locks soon!

  4. Looking after my skin- Again, not that I wasn't, but just taking better care. I now make sure I take my make up off each night and try not to wear make up at the weekends so much. I have to wear make up for work (there's a checklist and everything), so it's nice to not have to wear it at the weekends sometimes!

  5. Being more blog organised- Okay so this I'm really proud of. I've become so much more organised with my blog, I'm scheduling posts here there and everywhere and it feels so good to not have to worry about whether or not I have any posts to publish! This was one of my goals from back in my first Reflection post, so I'm glad I've done it!

  6. Stop being so bloody shy/unconfident!- I feel that this is something a lot of bloggers talk about, but I do have an issue with self confidence. I am very shy and I find things like Twitter chats really unnerving. I've been really trying though and I've joined in with a lot of them and it's boosted my confidence! Everyone is so nice, it's just about making that first move.

  7. Be happy with what you've got- This is something I have definitely worked on. I used to be very "flighty", I would only stay in a relationship for max. 3-4 months before I'd panic about committing and end the relationship, which I feel very guilty about. I would have a million ideas and never stick with them as well. But now I'm much more settled and fairly happy with how my life is at the moment. I have a fantastic boyfriend who I have been with for over 18 months (and we live together- take that commitment issues!) and now I seem to stick with my ideas much more. It's made such a difference to my life just by becoming more settled. Warning, soppy remark coming up, but I'm pretty sure it's all to do with the stability my boyf gives me. N'aww.

  8. But never stop dreaming- While I am happy, I still want to keep dreaming. I still want to be able to come up with NEW things to enhance my life, dream new dreams, live my life to the full which is something I definitely don't do at the moment. I realised recently that my old dreams of being an animator or a children's book illustrator have faded away and now I don't dream as often as I should. I kinda thought that now I'm 22 it's too late and that's ridiculous! I've got SO much time, and it's time to start realising that and keep on dreaming. Now, shall I be a children's book illustrator or run my own cake business or both...?

  9. Spend more time with family- I live an hours drive away from my Dad and half an hours drive away from my sister. I don't see them as often as I should, so this year I've been making sure I see them more. It's made such a difference, my dad and I are closer, my 4 year old and nearly three year old nephews are less shy around me, and my sister and I get on much better. You should always make time for family. :)

  10. Do more for charity- This is a change I haven't yet made, but want to. Last year I helped out at a Help for Heroes event and it was so much fun. I really want to do more for charity to give back and help great causes. I held a bake sale at work for Red Nose Day, but I want to do more than that, so that's definitely something I'm looking into.

Have you made any changes for 2015? Big or small, tell me all about them in the comments! Also if you have any tips on any of the above to help me out, let me know either in the comments below or by emailing me or on twitter!
Sian xo

22 comments:

  1. I love reading these sorts of posts! Great to see other peoples goals and progressions in life, I'm really glad you're finding that happy place in your life and that you're beginning to pursue those all important dreams again :). Here's an idea, you say you're getting into running and also that you want to do more for charity, have you considered doing race for life? I'm doing it this year and I'm so excited! :D xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have considered it, I looked into it but my local one is on when I'm on holiday in June! :( I definitely want to do something like that, I'm tempted to sign up for one in another town/city but that's not too far away haha for when I get back from holiday so I don't stop running! When are you doing yours? xxx

      Delete
  2. Ohh no such a shame. Mine's in June too, Sunday 7th I think. I'm not sure if I'll be able to run the whole way just yet but I know a fair few people jog/walk it so I know I won't be frowned upon haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good luck! I go on holiday on the 17th and that's when my local one was, I was really disappointed! Maybe another one later on in the year though. Yeah loads of people walk it I think so don't worry! xx

      Delete
  3. I love these kind of posts :) definitely agree with being happy with what you've got. I think I need to remember my old passions too, I love your drawing (LOVE LOVE LOVE Beauty & The Beast!)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Beauty and the Beast is my favourite haha. I'm glad you liked it, it's nice for me to document it and then I'm (hopefully) more likely to stick with them haha! x

      Delete
  4. I've heard a few people talk about the Couch to 5K! I'm hoping to have a look into it once baby number 2 has arrived. Good luck with it! You must blog about how you're doing!

    You have some fantastic goals by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, I always hated running because I thought I couldn't do it, but it eases you in and you build your stamina really quickly! I've actually got a post about it coming up next Wednesday! :P

      Thank you! xx

      Delete
  5. Some lovely goals here :) I also should probably put more effort into my blog organisation...some weeks I'm really on it and have posts lined up, whilst other weeks it goes unmanaged! Congrats on improving this for your blog, as it's harrrrd! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I know, it's so hard! I'm actually doing pretty well, I have posts scheduled until the middle of April, so I'm hoping to keep going so I'm always ahead of myself! We'll have to see if I can keep it up haha! xx

      Delete
  6. Aww great post! :)

    I know what you mean about being shy with chats but you've just got to do it! The worst they can do is not answer (doubtful) and the way I see it, it's obviously because you're too much awesome for them to handle :D
    Erm I'm the girl who ambushes everyone's tweets and chats now soo yeah progress from being scared to comment ;p haha
    Love love the drawing!! The beast rocked!

    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha exactly, I'm definitely getting much better with them now though! :) Thank you for your comment- I'm glad you like the drawing! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love this post - I adore you anyways you have continued to inspire and motivate me in many ways Sian. Only wish we lived closer to meet up. I have been more confident in myself and changed things to push out of my comfort zones and to be who I wanted to be. Such a wonderful post!

    Amy
    PetiteView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! One day we will definitely have to meet up haha. I'm glad I've managed to inspire someone! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Now I'm finally done with all my uni work I want to try the coach to 5k. This is such a lovely post, I'm glad that you have been keeping up with your goals, especially with trying to overcome your shyness. I wouldn't say I'm shy anymore, but I get social anxiety a lot so I know how hard it can be trying to talk to new people.

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, I don't think I would have stuck with running if I hadn't been using the couch to 5k podcasts! Thank you, I'm not too bad, but I find it difficult to talk to new groups of people haha. Thank you for your comment! :)

      Delete
  9. Also I Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award https://livinginagoldenafternoon.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really glad to hear you're enjoying the running - I did similar the other year and now run it quite regularly - it's amazing how quick your body learns! On Twitter chats - I was so so nervous the first few times, I'm a real introvert usually - but now you can't shut me up on there, everyone is so friendly xx
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your blog is helping me a LOT with the fitness, I've got so many more ideas now. I really enjoy running, I actually look forward to my runs, although they're getting harder now!
      I'm getting much better with Twitter chats now, I'm nowhere near as shy as I was when I first started and I've made some great friends! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Aw I think these are all fabulous goals! I did couch to 5k last year and loooved it! I even got up to about 12km at my peak, I really need to get back into it. I'm trying to do the same for charity this year, we had a challenge at work to raise as much money as possible in one month and we managed to raise 1200 pounds so I was pretty happy with that! Good luck with your goals lovely xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I'm really enjoying Couch to 5k- 12km is amazing! :) and £1200 is incredible, what an achievement! xxxx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns