10 March, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies & Recipe

Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
One of my favourite quick & easy treats to make are these delicious chocolate chip cookies.

The recipe for these cookies came from a baking book I have, called "Baking- On the table in 30 minutes". Most cookie recipes seem to take a really long time, you have to make the dough and then freeze it etc. etc., but these are quick and simple and would be perfect for any parents out there who want to make their kids a quick snack- or even anyone who wanted to bake cookies but doesn't want to take ages!

Recipe

Before I go any further I just want to reiterate that this is NOT my recipe, it is taken from the book above which I have linked so you can buy it too!
  • 125g margarine
  • 175g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 85g light muscovado sugar
  • 55g Caster Sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 125g plain chocolate chips
  1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and grease two baking sheets. Melt the margarine in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
  2. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
  3. Place tablespoons of the mixture on the baking sheets and space them well apart.
  4. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
  5. Then take them out and wait for them to cool!

My tips: The recipe says it makes 8 cookies, so I must be doing it completely wrong because I somehow made 24 cookies and all from the exact recipe above. Crazy. You could also experiment with using dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, whatever takes your fancy!

Let me know if you try this recipe, tweet me or let me know via Instagram, I'd love to see your cookies! :) You can even use the hashtag #cakeydreamerbakes!



14 comments:

  1. Looking at these cookies is making my mouth water AND I've already eaten my lunch haha good job, these look so good! I occasionally make cookies and I agree that the size of them can make a massive difference to how they turn out. I think you've cracked it though.

    P.S. I'm loving the sound of having the Cookie Monster as your Sat Nav voice, amazing! xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I made them Saturday afternoon and they were all gone by Sunday evening so they must have been pretty good!

      Oh god, it's just the best Sat Nav voice ever. When you set off he's like "oh boy, oh boy, maybe we'll find drive-thru bakery!" and then when you're nearly there he says "I can smell the cookies!" It's just so much fun to have on a long journey. I really want the Bert and Ernie one, apparently they argue a lot haha! xx

      Delete
  2. They look like a perfect cookie specimen. I'm inspired to bake some chocolate chip cookies, it has been too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm glad you like them.

      Delete
  3. Major craving for cookies and milk now! These look incredible!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Haha, I don't really like milk myself but they're lovely with coffee and I've heard from my family that they're nice with milk!

      Delete
  4. My boyfriend loooves white chocolate chip cookies, so think I might try this over the weekend :D bonus girlfriend points haha xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It definitely gets you bonus girlfriend points, and I bet they'll taste amazing with white chocolate!

      Delete
  5. These look delicious and moreish! I might try these but with white chocolate chips as they're my favourite :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried white chocolate chips last night for my work's Red Nose Day bake sale and they're delicious! I hope you enjoy them! :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE THIS! I will be using it especially since I'm about to be a newlywed and will be hosting a lot of people over more frequently...I mean, who doesn't LOVE a good chocolate chip cookie?! ;-) XO @mandasueee (IG) @talkprayshop (twitter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww congratulations! :) Haha and they're SO quick to make that you could whip them up just before anyone arrives! xx

      Delete
  7. My stomach is rumbling now haha, they look delicious!! Xx

    foreverebekka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! If I do say so myself, they are pretty delicious! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns