03 March, 2015

The Disney Tag *squeeeee*

The Disney Tag
I saw this Disney Tag on The Lilac Scrapbook, which is a fab blog by Katy and thought I would give it a go as I'm a little bit of a Disney fan...

  1. Favourite Disney character
    Oh man, strong start. I'd probably say Belle from Beauty and the Beast, but I love so many characters that it feels so wrong to choose just one! :(

  2. Favourite Disney movie
    Beauty and the Beast, hands down. It's changed a lot when I was growing up but since I was a teenager it's definitely been batb. I just love the fact that it teaches you to look behind appearances and also that it's okay to be smart and like reading books!

  3. Favourite Disney scene
    I really love the scene at the end of Frozen where Anna saves Elsa. I think it genuinely is a powerful scene and the way it is animated and the way the music stops and it's suddenly very quiet, very still, very real. It still makes me feel just as emotional now as it did back then. Fantastic scene.

  4. Favourite Disney memory
    When I was 14, my mum took me to Disneyland Paris and we went to dine at Auberge De Cendrillon (link attached if you want to see pictures, it was beautiful), which loosely translates to Cinderella's Inn/Restaurant. Here is the only place in Disneyland Paris where you can dine and meet the Princesses at the same time (or at least it was when I last went, so feel free to update me in the comments!) and I was hoping, nay PRAYING that the Princess I would get would be Belle. I had never met Belle before at this point, so to meet her now would have been a dream come true. Somehow, the Disney Gods were smiling on me and it was Belle!!! I was SO excited and as she did her rounds I suddenly really needed to pee. Like, REALLY needed to. I didn't know what to do, did I go to the toilet and risk missing Belle or do I hold it and suffer? Eventually I decided my need was too great so I went to the toilet, and of course round she comes to our table. My mum asked Belle if she could come back in 5 minutes as I was in the toilet and would be devastated if I missed her. Belle graciously said yes and later on returned to our table. I just want to say that clearly Belle was expecting a child between the ages of 4-8 and came back to this beaming 14 year old who could barely contain her excitement. But it was amazing and I took photos with Belle and the Prince and I have never forgotten that she made the effort to come back to me. Phew, that was a long story!

  5. Favourite Disney song
    I love Be Our Guest and can sing NEARLY all the words. I know most Disney soundtracks by heart which should be deemed a bit sad but I'm pretty okay with it. I also love Part of your World. Also, have you ever heard On the Open Road from A Goofy Movie? You CANNOT be sad when you listen to that song.

  6. What is your go to Disney movie?
    I watch Cinderella a LOT. I think it's because it's fairly short, so it's not a huge commitment to sit down and watch it in the evenings and it's a nice and easy story to follow. Cinderella isn't my favourite princess though because I have strong opinions on the Cinderella that appears on merchandise. I won't go into it now, but feel free to ask. I love to talk about it.

  7. First trip to a Disney park
    Well the first time I went to Disneyland Paris was actually when I was 6 months old. My family had been through a rough patch and my dad decided to treat us all and celebrate our new family by taking everyone to DLP. Obviously I don't remember it, but I do know that we went for breakfast with Mickey and Minnie and Minnie took my pram and ran off to the other side of the restaurant with it to pretend to steal me. That's a story that is told a LOT by my mum and Dad, but again obviously I don't remember it!

  8. Favourite Disney park and ride
    See, I love Disneyland Paris but when I went to Walt Disney World, it was just incredible. Both are fantastic and I would go back to Disneyland Paris in a heartbeat, but Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom is just insanely good. There are so many places to meet characters, which is something I always felt Disneyland Paris lacks a bit, you know? I met more characters in WDW in a week than I'd met at DLP in the 6 times I've been there. It was pretty darn good. As for favourite ride- either Peter Pan's Flight or the Dumbo ride for me. Both are great and take me back to my childhood. I can't go on rollercoasters as they affect my dizziness, so I have to only go on the small rides!

  9. Most emotional Disney moment
    The end part of Toy Story 3. I remember being in the cinema sobbing my heart out, trying to be as quiet as I could and I just FAILED. They all held hands guys. They held hands because they wanted to be together til the end and arrgghh man, seriously can feel myself welling up. That moment.

  10. If you could pick any Disney character to be your best friend, who would it be?
    Me and Punzie (Rapunzel) would just get on so well. I feel like of all the Disney characters, she is the one most like me so I feel like we'd be best pals. I'd also love to have Flounder as a best friend!

The Disney Tag
Another quick anecdote- last June when I went to WDW I met Elsa and Anna as you can see above. My sister had recently had a baby girl and called her Elsa, and I was telling them all about my beautiful niece. Elsa INSISTED on recording a message just for my niece, to tell her what to do if she discovered she too has ice powers and they told her that she would grow up to be a beautiful Princess. Obviously, she's too young to understand that yet but when she's older she's going to listen to Queen Elsa and Princess Anna telling her how beautiful she is, and that is just so amazing to me. They didn't have to do that at all, so the fact they did just makes my heart swell.

Feel free to do this Disney tag, and let me know if you've done it, I'd love to read yours! :)

10 comments:

  1. Belle is my favourite :) This might just be my favourite tag in the world! Rebecca | www.rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) Let me know if you do it too, it's really fun! xx

      Delete
  2. Love, Love this post! I've always wanted to go to Disney, I went when I was 2/3 years old so I don't really remember anything. Hope I can go on a trip in the near future. I have to agree with yourself and Rebecca Belle is number 1!

    Amy
    PetiteView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I'm glad there are so many Belle fans! Ohh definitely go again, I can't even explain how amazing it is!

      Delete
  3. I love this!! Beauty and the Beast is a great film and I probably could also sing Be Our Guest word for word as well! My favourite princess would be Maid Marian from Robin Hood. <3 that film so much! Also, I think it's so great that Elsa recorded a message for your niece! One of my colleagues went to Disneyland Paris before Christmas and he said that Anna and Elsa were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about Maid Marian, she's pretty cool! Yeah it was so nice of them, they didn't have to do that so it definitely was going the extra mile. I'd love to do that job!

      Delete
  4. Great post my lovely, I am a huge Disney fan as well- although I haven't had the chance to go to Disneyland yet! I love Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid also holds a place in my heart and I know some people didn't like Frozen, but I thought it was amazing. I may have watched it too many times already.

    Leah @ The Shelf Society x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah! :) Aw you should definitely go, it's incredible. People only stopped liking Frozen when it became hugely successful which is a real shame because it definitely deserves the success it had. I watched Beauty and the Beast TWICE last night! Living it up on a Saturday night haha!

      Delete
  5. I love beauty and he beast. It's my fav movie too. But i really love sleeping beauty too! I need to do this tag tho! I love doing these. My Harry Potter is my absolute fav.

    Kirsty

    Kirstyralph.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty and the Beast definitely seems to be popular- yay! I also like Sleeping Beauty :) Let me know if you do do this tag, I'd love to read it! :) xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns