28 April, 2015

Cherry Butter Cookies

Cherry Butter Cookies
I really love baking cookies (if you hadn't already guessed that from my Chocolate Chip cookies post!) and the reason is because most of the time, they're pretty quick and easy to make!
I make these cherry butter cookies every now and then as a treat for my family (I don't really like cherries!), and they always go down well. The great thing about them is they only have 50g of icing sugar in them, so they're not even that bad for you although they probably shouldn't be eaten a lot because of the amount of butter that goes into them!
Recipe: (Makes 24 small cookies)

  • 175g butter
  • 50g icing sugar
  • 200g plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 12 glace cherries, halved


  1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and lightly grease two baking sheets.
  2. Mix the butter, icing sugar and flour in a mixing bowl, then add the baking powder and vanilla extract.
  3. Spoon the mixture into small balls on the baking sheets. (however big or small you like, it depends on how many cookies you would like!)
  4. Add the halved cherries on top and push down gently into the mixture.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes until lightly golden.
  6. Leave to cool completely.

I have adapted this recipe from the one featured in "On The Table in 30 Minutes- Baking", which you can read a review of here. I have made it slightly easier to make and also added extra flavouring as I found their recipe to be a bit tasteless!
If you don't like cherries, you could probably replace the cherries with something else- I think a Malteaser would be cute!
So what do you think? Let me know if you try this at home, I'd love to see your creations!
Cherry Butter Cookies

10 comments:

  1. Oh this look soo tasty Sian! May have to give these a go x

    cakecrumbs-and-pages.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I don't like the cherries but I love the cookies themselves haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh god I love cherries and these look sooo good! Going to have to make these soon x
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh if you do let me know how they turn out! :) I'm not a huge fan of cherries but my family love them so I make them a LOT haha. The cookies are delicious though! xx

      Delete
  3. I'd probably have eaten all the cherries before they got chance to get on the cookies, ha.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the cookies taste good without cherries too! x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns