14 April, 2015

Disney Trip Adventures- The Princess Challenge

Did you guys know that I love Disney? Probably not, I hardly ever mention it. However, fellow Disney fan Jess asked if I would do some posts about all my Disney trips, and it doesn't take much convincing to get me to talk about Disney, so I thought I would do a couple of lifestyle posts dedicated to the Disney trips I've been on!

So why is this post called The Princess Challenge? I've been to Disneyland Paris quite a few times and I'd only ever met Belle, Ariel and Tiana. You can read the story about my first Belle meeting in my post, The Disney Tag. I'd heard from a friend of mine that WDW was much better in terms of meeting characters and I was obsessed with Instagram accounts that posted pictures of Disney World (I'll link some at the bottom of this post!) and they always seemed to meet Princesses, so I set myself a challenge of meeting all 13 Princesses.

Walt Disney World Character Meets

Walt Disney World Character Meets
Before I start, I KNOW that Tinkerbell is not a Princess but I like things to be organised and matchy, and otherwise I wouldn't have had the collage even. :)

As you can tell from my grinning face, I was extremely happy to meet them. I unfortunately don't have that many stories to share, but I think in this case, a picture tells a thousand words. The girls that are "friends with" the characters are just incredibly good. They are so realistic and I realise that's their job but you can feel yourself slipping into the dream world with them. Even my boyfriend was getting into it and we both didn't think he would!

Did I complete my challenge? NO. :( I was one short, I didn't meet Merida from Brave. However, we did get ourselves a reputation- a family actually came up to me and Dan and asked us where they could find Mulan, because they'd seen us in so many queues for Princesses, they assumed we would know. I'm still not sure whether to be proud or ashamed of that!

But I'm going again in June 2015, so the challenge is back on and I WILL complete it!

My favourite Instagram accounts for WDW related pictures:

  • Walt Disney World- obviously Walt Disney World's official instagram is filled with amazing pictures!
  • Tigger Tim- The sweetest guy, he works at Walt Disney World and loves Alice in Wonderland!
  • Haley Love- Haley and her friends go to Walt Disney World regularly. Her favourite is Rapunzel, so you'll see a LOT of her!
  • Happiest Place on Earth- Claudia posts LOTS of Walt Disney World pictures and her photography is amazing.
  • Ferdalump- If you haven't heard of Lane, then definitely look at this one. Lane is a gorgeous little girl who's mum makes her beautiful costumes that look like mini replicas! She's adorable.

So have you been to any of the Disney Parks and met any of the Princesses? I'd love to hear your experiences! :) Also, let me know if you're enjoying these posts because I'd love to make more!
Have a very Disney day!

16 comments:

  1. Haha awesome challenge! I must admit that I didn't meet any of the Princesses when I went to WDW. I did meet some of the regular Disney characters though. Good luck finding Merida but I still believe there's one Princess taht no-one will ever get to see again - Maid Marian from Robin Hood. She is my princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Merida is there but she's only out for a small period of time and because of that her line is always HUGE. :( You never see Robin Hood or Maid Marian, that is true! I love meeting them all but the Princesses are my favourites :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love this and all your photos, but what a shame about Merida! It's hard to tell who is the Princess in the photos - you look stunning!
    I've never been too fussed about meeting the Princesses for some reason and only ever met Cinderella I think, though I had to get rid of that photo due to who it was with haha. Maybe when I go to DLP next year I'll challenge myself to meet some Princesses!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe this year I'll get to meet them all and complete the challenge haha. Aww shucks thank you! Definitely, they're so much fun! All the characters are fun but I like the ones that can actually talk to you! xx

      Delete
  3. Aw love those pictures! I love meeting characters but my husband isn't such a fan so we only did the main characters this year, none of the face characters.
    I'm friends with a girl who is friends with Cinderella, I'm so jealous of her job!
    Also jealous of you going in june, it will probably be 2017 before I go back :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pfft, tell your husband he needs to snap out of that because you need to meet yourself some Princesses! *sass*
      Ah man I'm jealous of her too. I'd LOVE to be Belle or Snow White! This year will probably be the last time for a very long time, so I'm gonna have to make the most of it! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love these photos! I've never been to any of the Disney parks so, I've never met any of the Princesses :( But I really hope I'm able to go one day :) And even though she isn't a princess, Tinkerbell is at the top of my list as to who I want to meet out of them all!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww I hope you can go, Disneyland Paris is just as good as Walt Disney World too, just a bit smaller! :) Tinkerbell was really fun, although her breath smelt of stale cigarettes which spoilt the magic a bit... xx

      Delete
  5. my maiden name is Tinker so I could tinkerbelle as a princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, some people get really anal about who you include as a Disney Princess so I thought I would ease them before they got a chance! :P Tinker is a fab maiden name though! x

      Delete
  6. Such a good Challenge to take on! I'm heading back out to Orlando in a few days(I have an AP for Disney World) & I'm planning on doing a character challenge to see how many different characters I can meet in one day, so far I've accomplished 30. I also know some of those you mentioned in your favourite disney Instagrams accounts and they are all the sweetest people! Great post, I love seeing Disney on my feed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One, I am so jealous of your AP.
      Two, 30 characters?! You are my hero, and I don't know how you did it, but you must give me tips ready for June!

      Aww I'd love to meet some of them, their feeds are fantastic! :) and thank you for your lovely comment! xxx

      Delete
  7. I love your Challenge montage - great fun, you sure got around, hehe!

    I'm a big WDW nut, though oddly not really so much into the characters, and the ones I do are usually the 'mischievous' ones like Chip n Dale or Stitch. For some reason I always feel a bit self conscious with the 'face' characters.

    I'm on Instagram but not really 'in' to it, if that makes sense, but I'll deffo go and check out some of those Disney fan accounts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I did get around! I love Chip'n'Dale! For me, my favourite part is meeting the characters but I know that's not the case for a lot of other people. I can't do the big rides, only the small ones, due to dizziness so I have to make fun out of other things haha!

      It definitely makes sense, if you are a WDW nut then you'll probably love seeing pictures of WDW all over your insta feed! :)

      Delete
  8. This has been on my bucket list for so long! Definitely going to try next time I go to Disney World :D xx

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMAGw-ARR4o

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns