10 April, 2015

Review: On The Table in 30 Minutes- Baking

On the table in 30 minutes- baking book review
Continuing from my last book review, which you can find here, this time I'm going to talk about a slightly different type of book. On The Table in 30 Minutes- Baking is a book designed to give you recipes that can, as the title says, be on the table in 30 minutes.

This book has all sorts of baking recipes: pastries, biscuits, cookies, brownies, cakes and much more, so it definitely would be suitable for any keen bakers out there.

Some of my favourite recipes are the ones that look like they're going to take a really long time but then you realise that it's only going to take you 30 minutes- that still amazes me even now! I love the cookie recipes, my boyfriend loves cookies but most recipes take FOREVER so it's nice to have some quick recipes that I can whip up for him to feed his inner cookie monster. (You might also remember my chocolate chip cookies which I told you were made from the recipe in this book, so guaranteed the recipes are fab!)

What don't I like? Not much really... The only quip I have is that in some recipes it tells you to use shop bought things, which I get because otherwise it wouldn't take 30 minutes but for me I love to make things from scratch. But it's truly not the end of the world, the book isn't stopping you from making those ingredients from scratch if that bothers you too!

Who would I recommend this book to? Well, I'd say newbie or amateur bakers for one. By that, I mean people who like the idea of baking or enjoy baking but perhaps don't want to go all out and spend hours in the kitchen. Also parents- these would be perfect recipes to do with children who aren't going to have the attention span to spend a long time baking, these are quick and easy and they're going to be able to eat them in 30 minutes which is always a plus!

Have you got this book? If you do, let me know your favourite recipes in the comments below! :)

10 comments:

  1. I definitely try to use recipes that can whipped up in no time at all! As a newbie baker I think I'll have to pick this book up! :) Rebecca | Rebecca Marie: UK Lifestyle Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly so good. I love baking but even I sometimes just want something quick and easy that I can whip up in no time and this book is perfect for that! :)

      Delete
  2. This book sounds brilliant for me as I love baking but often struggle to find the time to do it. I do like making everything from scratch though, If I can. Except pastry, I tried once and it failed miserably aha! xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I haven't attempted pastry yet, it seems far too difficult! The majority of the book has from scratch recipes, but there are a few recipes where it asks for store-bought items which I'd rather make from scratch though. As I said, there's nothing stopping you from doing that though! xx

      Delete
  3. Ooo! This book sounds fab. I'm always looking for new recipe books so might have to check this one out. Thanks for blogging this Sian :D x

    missnoodlebug.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's really good, I've got a few books I'm thinking of reviewing as well! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of baking made easy, too often people get put off by some of the more complicated recipes and books on the market. Great review. You've inspired me to dust off my cookery books too.

    www.whosfordinner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've inspired you! I completely agree, and this is a really fun way of getting people interested in baking!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns