07 April, 2015

Springtime Cake

Spring themed cake
I'm so, so happy it's now the middle of Spring! I love Winter, it's one of my favourite seasons, but I'm afraid I am one of the people who love Winter before Christmas, hate it after. I'm done with it once it stops feeling magical and Christmassy. But now flowers are blooming, baby animals are being born and every thing is happy again. Plus it's totally only 71 days until I go to Walt Disney World, so that's exciting too!

I get a lot of requests from friends and family asking me to make them cakes. Normally they don't care what kind of cake or what it looks like (as most of the time I do it for free), so it gives me a bit of artistic license to do whatever I like. As I was feeling in a spring kinda mood, I decided to make a cake themed around Springtime!

It's a very simple cake covered in white fondant (see here to learn how to cover a cake in fondant yourself!) that I then added some purple and yellow fondant flowers to. I'm yet to learn how to make proper flowers, so I just used cookie cutters! I think this would be a really easy beginners cake though, so feel free to try this yourself! (And tweet me @cakeydreamer, because I'd love to see any of your creations!)

Spring themed cake
Let me know what you think of my Springtime cake!

11 comments:

  1. This sounds heavenly and looks incredibly cute, I love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sian, great cake decoration. Straight forward and yet incredibly effective! It is evocative of Spring time.
    Angela x
    http://onlycrumbsremain.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! That's what I was hoping for, something simple but that is effective! :) x

      Delete
  3. I love the simplicity of this cake Sian, it looks great and is definitely perfect for spring! xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous you're going to Disney! Have you been before? I went last May and it was the best holiday ever, can't believe it was over a year ago, I had a fantastic time.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went last May too! That was my first time to WDW, although I've been to Disneyland Paris a few times haha! It really is the best holiday ever! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Ooh this is such a pretty cake for Spring :)

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine // I’d love it if you entered my Blog Birthday Lifestyle Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns