05 May, 2015

Disney On Ice!

Disney on Ice
Yes, sorry, this is another Disney post! My boyfriend and I were given tickets to see Disney on Ice for a Christmas present and it finally came around! I haven't been to Disney on Ice for years, but I used to go a lot as a child with my family so it holds a lot of memories for me. Disney On Ice, in case you've never been, is a lovely entertainment show which features your favourite Disney characters skating on ice to tell the stories and sing the songs you know and love.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take pictures as the skaters went so fast that all my pictures came out blurry. This was REALLY bugging me and eventually I just gave up and enjoyed the show without worrying about taking photos, so sorry that I can't share those with you! I still want to tell you how amazing it was though because it really is a wonderful experience.

Disney on Ice

The stories told in this show were The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast and Frozen. The stories are shorter (the show only lasts about 2 hours so they just include the best bits and the best songs) but you can still get the gist of what's happening and it's the songs that are the best parts anyway. The atmosphere is fantastic, there are so many kids excited to see their favourite characters! (And big kids like me...)

Disney on Ice

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past year and a half, you would know about the phenomenon that is Frozen. This show only showcased how much of a big deal Frozen is. There were SO many little girls dressed up as either Anna or Elsa (mainly Elsa), there was SO much Frozen merchandise, and when Anna and Elsa came onto the ice, the children went crazy. You actually could have mistaken it for a One Direction concert, that's how loud the screams were.

If you haven't been to see Disney on Ice, I really recommend it- but please be aware that it is tailored for kids, it is very childish. There was a couple next to me who didn't seem to know this beforehand and hated that the kids were singing along, hated that the audience clapped along to the songs and just really spoilt it for everyone around them. But if you're fine with all that, you'll have an amazing time.

Oh, and if Mickey and Minnie ice skating to "Oh Mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind..." doesn't win your heart, then I don't know what will.

Also- they were selling plastic Beauty and the Beast swords in the foyer and I suggested to Dan that we buy two and have pretend sword fights. Dan pretended that he was too grown up and mature to want to play with swords but I could tell from the twinkle in his eye that he definitely wanted to. Comment below if you agree that we should have bought toy swords- I want to prove him wrong. :)

All pictures belong to Disney on Ice and not to me!

2 comments:

  1. I WOULD LOVE TO GO. I cried when I went to Disney in Florida last May and I'll be crying at Paris in June haha.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, aww I'm going to Florida in June! I really want to go back to Paris soon, I haven't been in 5 years and I miss it! I hope you have an amazing time! x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns