19 May, 2015

Matcha May with Teapigs | Review

Teapig's Matcha tea review
As you will probably know if you've been reading my blog for a while, in preparation for my holiday which is in 29 days (eeeek!), I have been trying to improve my fitness and health in order to try and lose weight- but also just because it's nice to feel healthy! So when I was asked by Teapigs if I wanted to try out their Matcha tea for 2 weeks to support their Matcha May campaign, I jumped at the chance!

The Matcha green tea comes in powder form, which means you get more nutrients than you would from drinking normal green tea. It's also great because you can add it to anything- I loved having it with orange juice as well as in hot water! It doesn't have a strong taste, but it definitely has a subtle sweetness to it which is nice. It smells very natural and I definitely felt like I was drinking something that was going to be good for me!

I'd read and heard all about the benefits of drinking Matcha green tea but I don't think I was prepared for how much of a difference I would see! I often have a problem with my tummy bloating, but after a few days of drinking Matcha the bloating had gone and my tummy felt SO much better. This is a BIG deal to me because it's something I've suffered with for years... Exercise has really helped but hasn't completely gotten rid of it, but drinking Matcha and exercising as well seems to have done the trick! (Obviously that's just a personal thing and I can't guarantee it'll be the same for anyone else!)

It was also really great to drink it in the afternoons after my lunch breaks. I often go running on my lunch breaks and in the late afternoons after the adrenaline and endorphins have worn off I can get a bit sleepy and I used to drink coffee to wake myself up a bit. The past two weeks I've been drinking Matcha instead and it made me feel so much more energized which was great!

Overall, I definitely enjoyed the two weeks of trying Matcha and I will definitely keep using it, I've had fantastic results! Have any of you ever tried Matcha tea? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

The Matcha Tea Starter Pack was sent to me for review by Teapigs, however all opinions are my own!

8 comments:

  1. The packaging is so cute! I've never tried matcha, but the colour just looks like it's going to be good for you :)

    Courtney | Courtney Says What

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO cute! I love the little cup(?) on the front showing off his muscles! It really is so good for you, I was surprised at what a difference I saw! xx

      Delete
  2. Interesting to read matcha helped with tummy bloating! I have some in my cupboard that's been waiting for me to experiment with it, can't wait now!

    Sandra - Cake + Whisky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will work for you too! I do think that the exercise has played a big part in helping with my bloating. I used to get ridiculously bad stomach pains from bloating at least once a week, so bad that I would struggle to lift my foot from one pedal to the other driving home without crying in pain, but that's stopped since I started exercising. But the matcha has definitely helped with making my stomach not LOOK as bloated, which was the other problem, so hopefully it'll help you too!

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely. I was supposed to get one but they must have not sent it out in the end. Gutted!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that sucks! Mine took a LONG time to arrive, so you never know! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, I've been looking for matcha green tea powder for ages! It's good to know that a well known brand like Teapigs does it and it can be more easily found in say, supermarkets. I'll definitely look out for this next time I do a shop! x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! I'm glad it's helped you, and hopefully you'll find some soon! :) xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns