26 May, 2015

My Journey to Fitness... The Final Countdown

Update on fitness journey
This will probably be the last fitness journey post I do... Not because I'm going to stop doing the fitness, but just because I feel like I'm running out of things to say each month! Thanks to everyone for their kind words and encouragement, it means a lot to me and you've been really helpful! I will still talk about fitness, I just won't do the monthly updates :) [NOTE: A LOT of people asked me to continue my fitness posts & updates, so you can now find them all here!]

At the beginning of this month, I found a picture of myself at my work's Red Nose Day Bake Sale, on the 13th March. I honestly couldn't see if there was much of a difference between now and then, so I took a picture of myself and put them together. There was a HUGE difference- in less than two months! I'd been struggling for a while with motivation, but that boosted me right back up and I was ready to boost my efforts. If you are trying to lose weight, I really recommend that you take before & during pictures, it helps so much!

I also weighed myself and found that I've lost nearly a stone which I'm VERY pleased with, especially as I'm putting on muscle too! My motivation is sky high again right now, FINALLY!

Before and After- Fitness Journey

These are some of the main things I've been doing this month:

  • Doing longer runs- In my last update, I'd just finished Couch to 5k and was running for 30 minutes. I decided to stay doing 30 minutes for a while so that I would get used to the runs and build up my speed and stamina etc. However, after doing 3 weeks of 30 minutes, I've started doing longer runs, starting with 35 minutes and upping to 40 minutes. I'm hoping to keep going and going!
  • Starting the 30 Day Abs & Squat Challenge- And then forgetting to do it. But I still do the squats and sit ups a lot, just not every day- which means I'm definitely not as good as I should be!
  • Made an exercise plan- I thought it would be helpful if I made a plan of what exercise I will do each day and where I'm hoping to target (i.e., leg day or whatever). As I was losing motivation, I figured if I mixed it up then it would be easier to stay interested for longer!
  • Cutting down on my sugar intake- I don't think I realised how much sugar I was eating, so I've been trying to cut down on this. It's been hard, but I definitely think it will be worth it in the long run! I've been doing great with my exercise, I just need my food habits to match!

What have you been doing this month? Let me know in the comments below, and please feel free to keep your encouragement coming, I'm going to need it for these last 3 weeks before my holiday! (Although I'm definitely continuing after, don't worry!)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing well - congrats on the weight loss! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so awesome! I wish I had your motivation when it came to sugar, but I swear its an actual addiction. lol
    I suck at remembering to take photos, mainly because I prefer to stay behind the camera, but I do find measuring yourself helps too.
    Keep up the good work beautiful.

    Danielle xo
    www.underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, the sugar is SO hard. It's getting easier for sure but it's still difficult to resist, but I guess that's because I've had 22 years of eating as much sugar as I want!
      Thank you! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. That's a massive difference! I hope you do keep talking about fitness as I love reading how people are getting on.

    You'll be running 10ks in no time :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely will, I just won't do monthly updates... maybe. This one's been really successful so I'm thinking maybe I should carry on with them haha!

      Ooh I hope I am! I'm definitely doing longer and longer so hopefully soon I'll be able to run a 10k! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns