08 May, 2015

Why Running is good for you

Why Running is Good For You
So the last couple of months I have become really into fitness. It started off as being a way to lose weight for my holiday and in many ways that is still the driving force behind my efforts. But recently it has changed into something else, it's actually becoming another hobby. Obviously running or any type of exercise is good for you, but these are the reasons why I think running is definitely a type of fitness to consider:

  1. IT'S A FAB MOOD BOOSTER

  2. One day I was at work and I was in a FOUL mood. It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally I will get in a grump and it's so hard to get myself out of it. However, I went for a run and I felt better immediately. Usually I would eat my problems away, but this time it was different and I felt a million times better!
  3. IT'S GREAT FOR CREATIVITY

  4. I read this somewhere and didn't believe it, but honestly I have had SO many ideas about this blog or my cake decorating while running. I tend to try and think about anything other than running while I run so I don't realise when I'm tired, so my mind is free to wander. That's when some of my best ideas have come to me!
  5. IT'S INEXPENSIVE

  6. All you really need is a decent pair of running shoes and sensible clothes to wear. Of course you can then go onto get things like the holders for your phone/iPod, bumbags (because where will you put your keys?!) etc., but the main expenses are really just what you will wear. If you get decent ones they will last you a long time!
  7. IT'S MOTIVATING

  8. I do genuinely believe this- when I first started the couch to 5k, I could not run at all. I could barely even complete the first part of the programme. Now I can run for half an hour, and that's only in 2 months! (Seriously, if you are looking to start running, I cannot recommend the couch to 5k programme enough!) The part I found the most motivating was seeing the difference in my body but also in my stamina. It's the little goals, being able to run for 1 minute, then 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes etc. that really helps you to stay on track with your weightloss or getting fitter. It really helped me to start eating healthier as well, because I didn't want to ruin all my hard work by eating a pack of biscuits!

If running doesn't work for you, then that's fine too! I honestly believe that you should never push yourself to do something you don't enjoy. If you try it and you love it like me, then that's fantastic! But if you don't, try something else that will work for you. There's nothing worse than hauling yourself out of bed to do exercise you hate. Find whatever you enjoy and do it as much or as little as you want.
If you'd like to chat to me about running (because I love to chat about it), feel free to leave me a comment or tweet me @Cakeydreamer! :)

10 comments:

  1. I am waiting for the day I wake up and enjoy exercise. Everyone seems to be getting into it recently and I'm sitting here eating chocolate cake thinking about maybe going for a walk. I'm just SO crap at running.
    But you are motivating me to join up to a gym..might be able to ween myself into swimming!!

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's taken 22 years for me to actually start to enjoy exercise! I don't think I'd be anywhere near as motivated if I wasn't going to Florida in June! I still eat chocolate cake too, it's a very important part of the motivation! xx

      Delete
  2. I've been running consistently for about a month now and I found that what helped me the most to stick to it was to do it with friends.
    You're always pushing each other, not only to go, but also to run longer or faster. It's great !

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound good! I don't have anyone who wants to run with me unfortunately, but I can definitely imagine that helps keep you motivated. I hope you carry on enjoying it!

      Delete
  3. I've been getting into exercise a lot lately, especially now I'll be starting a series on it to keep me motivated - although running isn't something I'm completely comfortable with it I do enjoy it and definitely notice it improves my mood :) great post! x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do monthly updates on my fitness which helps keep me motivated, so I'm sure your series will too! I'll keep an eye out for it! x

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to start properly running now the weather has picked up!! Can't wait to run in disneylaaaand! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me neither! I'm hoping I'll still love running then as much as I do now! xx

      Delete
  5. I agree with you, before i didn't like to run at all or even do cardio, then I started running and I love it i can run for 40 minutes straight and it's awesome, i miss it when i don't do it
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I hated all exercise, now I exercise every day and I love it! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns