23 June, 2015

Cake Decorating by Lakeland (Book) | Review

Complete cake decorating by Lakeland book review
Every now and then I like to do a review of some products I've been trying- especially ones that I've found helpful in my cake decorating! This book I bought a while ago from Lakeland and thought I would share my thoughts!

Similar to the Cake Pops by Lakeland book, this book has a "shopping list" of what you need to start out with which is helpful if you're just starting out! If you read my review of the Cake Pops book, you will know that it really grated on me that they constantly mentioned that everything you need, you can buy at Lakeland. That continues in this book. It's still just as irritating if you read the whole book at once.

One thing I do like about this book is that they divide the designs up into Beginner, Intermediate and Expert. This means that no matter how far along you are in your cake decorating "journey" (haha), you can still buy the book and it will be relevant to you. It would probably be more worth it if you were a beginner though, as the whole book will be relevant to you.

Complete Cake Decorating by Lakeland book review
It's also just good for inspiration, it's nice to see different designs and learn new ways of doing things, which is the reason I bought the book. The instructions are all really clear which is good and I've learnt a few techniques from trying some out myself!

Overall, I really enjoyed the book. It's definitely not as good as the first book I reviewed, Mich Turner's Cake Decorating Masterclass, but it's still very informative and helpful, especially if you're just starting out. It's also much cheaper than Mich Turner's book, at just £6.69! (Which was the online price at the time of writing this post)

Has anyone else read this book? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review. This is just the sort of book I was looking to buy. It bugs me when a book is used as a self promotional inventry of what you can buy at THE shop. I love Lakeland products - I DO NOT need encouragement!! Great post. Sammie http://www.feastingisfun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was pretty annoying- but if you can get past that it really is a great book!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns