12 June, 2015

What a lovely little Lady | Lifestyle

"What a lovely little Lady", Darling- Lady and the Tramp
I love reading blog posts getting to know bloggers, so I thought perhaps I'd do a more personal post. On my About Me page I've already done 10 facts about me, so this time I thought I would do a post about someone very important to me... My Dalmatian, Lady. (Also, I love that this should probably be about my boyfriend but nah, I'll write about my dog instead.)
Lady the Dalmatian
Lady is my 6 year old daughter dalmatian, who I have had from a teeny tiny puppy. When we went to go pick her out, she was the first puppy I laid eyes on and I knew from the second I saw her that I wanted her and she loved me too so it was like fate. She was also a troublemaker and woke all her brothers and sisters up... I should have known then that Lady does not like people sleeping in. I thought I'd share a few facts about her!

  • Her grandfather was a puppy in 102 Dalmatians, although we didn't find that out until after we'd bought her, as the breeder didn't want that to be the reason we chose their puppies.
  • She has fits every now and then. We're still not 100% sure what causes them, but we've come to the conclusion with her vet that it must be low blood sugar, as now we divide her food up into 3 meals they've subsided a lot!
  • She's fully grown although she's small! Most dalmatians are tall and long and skinny, but Lady has always been short and podgy. Her parents were like that too though, and I'll love her no matter what!
  • She doesn't know many tricks, but if I'm sitting down and I say "cuddles?!" then she leans her head onto my chest as though she's giving me cuddles. N'aww.
  • She is named after Lady from Lady and the Tramp. If she'd been a boy, I would have called her Pongo like the film, but I just didn't really like the name Perdy.

Lady the Dalmatian
If you are thinking of getting a dalmatian, please don't go into it blind like I did! They are HARD work, they have a lot of energy and are known to be greedy dogs. They also shed fur all the time and are bottomless pits. But they are also extremely loyal and loving, as are most dogs, and I wouldn't change my little one for anything. If you have a dalmatian, let me know how you cope!

14 comments:

  1. She's absolutely beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady is beautiful and that's pretty cool that her Grandfather was in 102 Dalmatians. I love reading posts like these. You've maybe inspired me to write one about my beloved house rabbit haha. Not sure it would be as interesting though x

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't think ANYONE would be interested in this post, but it's been really popular! Try it, I bet people would love it! xx

      Delete
  3. She is a cutie! I don't blame you for not calling her Perdy... Pongo is a pretty cool name though!

    I wanted a dalmation but decided they were too much work at the moment! So we got a JRT and a Beagle - the Beagle is exactly the same as a dalmation though! Bottomless pits, shed fur, greedy but very oyal and loving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Perdy didn't grab me as much haha! I've heard Beagles are a handful! Luckily the loyal and loving characteristics outweigh the greediness and naughtiness haha xx

      Delete
  4. Pooches trump humans every single time! And Lady is completely gorgeous.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Lady is beautiful as is this post. It makes me want to go give my pooch a squeeze!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jess! Go go go, give your pooch a big hug! xx

      Delete
  6. Every time I see you upload a picture of Lady I get insanely jealous!!
    I would have loved a Dalmatian but as a family we decided they were just too much work for us and went for a rescue dog instead (she is a mix of everything). But one day when I am settled a dalmatian puppy might just end up coming home with me haha!!
    xx Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll let you borrow her for a week and you'll be begging to give her back at the end! She's adorable but such hard work. Definitely look into it before getting one! I think I'll get a rescue dog next time, I'd love to give a doggy a home! xx

      Delete
  7. Dallies are the best <3 I had 2, both of which passed away over the last couple of years (after living full lives of 13 years!). They are truly wonderful dogs are are so loving! Both of mine were quite small and podgy too, heh. That's amazing that her grandaddy was a film star! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I hope Lady lives as long as that! Yeah, as I'm a big Disney fan it seemed perfect, plus we had no idea until after we bought her so it was kinda like fate! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns