21 June, 2015

The Disneyland Paris Tag!


When I saw Danielle from Underland to Wonderland had made a Disneyland Paris tag, I just knew I HAD to do it. So here it is! (Sorry if you're getting sick of these Disney posts, but... It's my blog and Disney is a big part of my life!) Also quick note- the majority of the photos in the post are credit to my mum who is a fantastic photographer!

The Disneyland Paris Tag
1. What year did you first visit DLP and how old were you?
I first visited Disneyland Paris in 1993, back when it was Euro Disney. I was only 6 months old so I don't remember any of it, but my mum told me that we all had breakfast with the characters and Minnie Mouse took me off in my pram to go see Mickey and they didn't come back for AGES. Nowadays that would be worrying, but my mum and dad thought it was cute. I'm pretty sure they sprinkled some magic over/brainwashed me and that's why I'm so obsessed with Disney. Haha!

2. Which of the Disney hotels have you stayed in, if any, and do you have a favorite?
I've stayed in three Disney hotels- Hotel Cheyenne, Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge. I wasn't a huge fan of Santa Fe, I guess I just wasn't THAT into the Mexican theme. I loved Sequoia Lodge, but my absolute favourite would be Cheyenne. It was where I stayed when we were kids so it has more sentimental value. I'd love to stay in Newport Bay and the Disneyland Hotel though one day!

3. Let us in on where the best places to eat within both parks and the Disney Village are.
I love the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Village... I guess I just love that it's so different, with the animals and the atmosphere. In the parks, there's a cute little counter service restaurant called Pizzeria Bella Notte. It's Lady and the Tramp themed and I just love how cute it is!

4. Where is your first port of call when entering the Disneyland Park?
I like to skip Main Street at first as it's always the busiest, so I usually head straight to Fantasyland and go back to Main Street later. Then I'll head straight to Dumbo the Flying Elephant as that always has huge queues later on in the day!

5. Do you have a favorite 'land'? If so why?
Fantasyland is my favourite land without a doubt! I love every part of it and could explore it all day every day. I also love Adventureland though!

6. Which ride could you ride over and over and never tire of?
The Casey Junior train. I don't know why I love it so much but I really do, and the Storybook boats beneath it. I could literally go on those over and over again for the whole trip and never tire of either of them! It's sad that they often close them during quiet periods :(

7. Disneyland Park or Walt Disney Studios park?
Disneyland Park for me. I do enjoy the Walt Disney Studios park, but when I went as a child it didn't exist, so the Disneyland Park is what I always think of when I think of Disneyland Paris.


The Disneyland Paris Tag
The Disneyland Paris Tag
8. Tell us about your favorite character meeting ever at DLP.
I did talk about meeting Belle at Disneyland Paris in my Disney Tag post, so I'll choose another for this- when I visited DLP as a 14 or 15 year old with my mum, we went to see Alice and the Mad Hatter. I told them that I was a bit nervous about my upcoming GCSE's the following year, to which the Mad Hatter told me not to worry as he didn't have any of those and he'd turned out just fine! Probably wasn't the best advice, but then he is mad! It was nice though and it did help me to stop worrying. I also enjoyed meeting Peter Pan a few years later who told me never to grow up. And I haven't. Well... I'm trying not to!

9. What is a parade/show from any year that is most memorable to you?
I don't remember what it was called, but there was a really good parade that I saw in 1999 featuring pretty much all of your favourite film characters and it went on for a long time. It was to a song called "Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm" which I actually have on CD. I always think it's a shame that they don't feature as many characters in their parades now, especially not the minor ones. I also loved the 15th Anniversary parade!

10. You can only ride one - Mad Hatters Teacups or Dumbo the Flying Elephant?
Oh definitely Dumbo. The teacups make me ill, but I could do the Dumbo ride all day!

11. What do you think is the best attraction in the Walt Disney Studios park?
This is a hard one because there aren't many I can do (I have a problem with getting dizzy a lot, so when I go on fast rides I get really poorly and dizzy for weeks), but I definitely liked the Studio Tram Tour and Animagique!

12. Describe your happiest Disneyland Paris memory of all time.
As I've mentioned, I went a few times as a child with my family and looking back those were definitely the happiest times. It's great when you're a child and you get all swept up in the magic and the fun and your parents get swept along with it too.
I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! I don't know if I know many people who have been to Disneyland Paris, so therefore I will just say that anyone who wants to do this tag should do it. Let me know if you do because they'll be so fun to read!

The Disneyland Paris tag

4 comments:

  1. Aw I loved this! I love Le Pays des Contes de Fées too but unfortunately it's been closed every time I've visited apart from when I was 6! I can bet it'll be closed when we're there next November too but I really hope not!

    Beautiful photos, hope you're having fun on holiday.

    Danielle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too! I always forget the name haha. They usually close both during the quiet periods which is really sad. Fingers crossed it will be open for you!
      I had an amazing time, thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. I am soooooo jealous!!!! I've been to the Paris one but the princess parade was cancelled due to a sudden and very heavy downpour! oh and fyi I was dressed head to toe in white!! haha

    Bex x

    bubblybex3.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, that must not have been good haha! Paris holds such a special place in my heart, I'm hoping to go back there for a weekend soon! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns