10 July, 2015

Magic Kingdom: Be Our Guest Restaurant | Review

Be Our Guest Restaurant
Ever since I was a young girl, Beauty and the Beast has been my favourite film. I've always been in awe of the animation, the music, the characters and probably also because Belle was the Princess I looked the most like. When I visited Walt Disney World in 2014, I REALLY wanted to visit Be Our Guest, the Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant, designed to look just like the Beast's castle.

However, so does the rest of the world and that means that reservations are ridiculously hard to make. This year, I didn't waste ANY time in booking a reservation back in December as soon as I could.

When you first walk towards the restaurant, you literally feel as though you are walking up to the Beast's castle. I take my hat off to the designers because they have got every detail spot on. The restaurant is REALLY busy so don't expect to get to your table any earlier than you've booked for! This was fine for us though as it gave us a chance to explore the foyer area.

Food wise, the menu definitely is inspired by French cuisine and it is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately jet lag got me bad this year, so I had a really small appetite for this meal, which meant I didn't get to eat as much as I would have liked! I had the Pan-Seared Chicken Breast served with seasonal vegetables and roasted fingerling potatoes. I'm a really fussy eater, so when menus have really fancy foods I get a bit worried- I really didn't need to worry here, it was incredible.

Moving onto dessert- I of course had the Grey Stuff. In case you aren't a Disney fanatic like me, the Grey Stuff is a reference to the Be Our Guest song ("Try the grey stuff, it's delicious! Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!") and used to be a special dessert that the Be Our Guest servers could give out to people celebrating birthdays etc. Now it's available to everyone as a dessert, so I jumped at the chance to try it! I unfortunately am a terrible blogger because I forgot to take pictures of my food (I ate it and then realised!), but the Grey Stuff is a chocolate mousse on top of a chocolate biscuit/cake. It tasted absolutely divine and even though my appetite was small and it made me feel a little sick to keep eating, it tasted so good that I just couldn't not eat it all!


Be Our Guest Restaurant


Be Our Guest Restaurant
So what did I love about the Be Our Guest restaurant? As a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, for me it was all the finer details. You really do feel that you are dining in the Beast's castle. The restaurant is divided into three dining rooms- The Ballroom, The West Wing and the Enchanted Library. I'm pretty sure most people want to dine in the ballroom, however the other dining rooms are also beautifully designed. I also love that you can do a meet'n'greet with the Beast after the dinner in his "study"- I'm pretty sure it's the only place you can meet the Beast and is a special treat for people who dine in the evenings. We unfortunately didn't do this though, as the queue was really long and we were distracted by something else... which I'll talk about in a bit!

Overall, I really recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Magic Kingdom. You can dine there for breakfast, lunch and dinner, although breakfast and lunch are only quick service so I would recommend visiting more for dinner! However breakfast there is a bit of a hidden gem, which meant that we got next day reservations for breakfast there on our last full day! I'd definitely recommend having dinner there though. For dinner, you WILL need a reservation, and you will need to book it far in advance so my advice to you is to book it as soon as you can, using the 180 days advance reservations. This should mean you'll get a good time for dinner!


Be Our Guest Restaurant Engagement!
So, what distracted us from meeting the Beast? Well... if you follow me on Twitter you'll know that whilst dining at Be Our Guest, Dan surprised me with a beautiful present- an engagement ring! I'm pretty sure it's the most romantic thing that's ever happened to me, but yes we got engaged in the most magical place on Earth in probably the most meaningful place to me!

If you've dined in Be Our Guest, let me know what you thought- it's definitely going to be a memorable place for us for a long time to come!

12 comments:

  1. How did I miss that you'd gotten engaged?!!!! I am sooooooooooo over the moon for you. What a truly fantastic other half you have to of thought to do something so special for you....and now I'm crying!
    Congratulations you two. You look stunning as well by the way.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sorry that we made you cry though haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! That's like my dream engagement place haha :P How incredible! I've wanted to go to the Be Our Guest restaurant for ages, I hope you had an absolutely amazing time :) xxxxx

    http://mynameiszoeee1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was a dream come true for me too! We had a fantastic time, thank you so much. I hope you get to go one day! xx

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOD I'D SAY YES TO ANYONE WHO ASKED ME TO MARRY THEM THERE. We couldn't go because it was full :(

    What a wonderful day and place and argh. DISNEY FOR LIFE.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's a shame you couldn't go, it was really lovely. There's always next time! :)

      Haha, aw thank you! x

      Delete
  4. Omg I wish that I had made reservations for Be Our Guest!

    Huge congratulations on your engagement, how romantic.

    Courtney | Courtney Says What

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really lovely, I'm glad we went there. Thank you! xx

      Delete
  5. what a sweet and special place to get engaged! congratulations! I still haven't dine in this restaurant, I only hear great things about it... I need to make sure I stop by next time I go to Disney World!

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd definitely recommend going for dinner over breakfast or lunch, but it was still nice to be in there when we went for breakfast as the restaurant is so beautiful, but the food and service is incredible at dinner! xx

      Delete
  6. Hi New Follower and Disney lover here!

    I love Disney World but never managed to get in to Be Our Guest last year bit it sounds wonderful and even more so with getting engaged! Congrats!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, aww welcome to you and I'm glad you decided to follow! :) It really was lovely, I hope you do get to go in the future! Thank you for your lovely comment, I hope you enjoy the blog! :) xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns