14 July, 2015

Change is a-coming!

Over the past couple of weeks since I've been back from holiday, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my blog. I took a few weeks off from it while I was on holiday (although I had posts scheduled so I think I only actually missed one post) and when I got back I continued the break just to have some time away from it all and to think about what I wanted for Cakey Dreamer over the next few months.

When I started this blog, it was meant to purely be a cake decorating and baking blog that would showcase my creations and I could help teach others what I've learnt, from one beginner to another kinda thing. I think I've definitely done that and you all seem to like it so.. hooray! But as I started to become more comfortable with blogging, I've introduced all kinds of other topics, like of course Disney and fitness and just general lifestyle posts. Again, you all seem to enjoy these too which I'm really glad of!

But all of these thoughts made me realise that Cakey Dreamer has become much more of a lifestyle blog than a food/baking blog and I'm okay with that. Therefore I've started to change my bio's everywhere to call myself a Lifestyle Blogger, rather than a cake decorating/baking blogger. This doesn't mean I won't blog about baking or cake decorating because of course I will, but it means I can feel free to blog about other stuff too- which hopefully you'll continue to enjoy!

Another thing I've decided to change is my blogging schedule. Currently I have a new post every Tuesday and Friday, but I've now decided (at least for the time being) to add in Sundays too. This is something I trialled while I was on holiday and it seemed to work well!

Please let me know what you think about these small changes... they really are small, but I'm hoping it will allow me to grow more as a blogger and hopefully keep you guys interested! :)

2 comments:

  1. My blog started as a fitness and health blog and now ironically I post about food all the time! I think it's fine to change, your blog is like yourself - ever evolving! Looking forward to reading more from you and hope you had a fantastic time at Disney! x

    Laura | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I agree. I'll still include a lot of baking and cake decorating, but I just think it'll be nice to be able to include more of the other stuff without feeling like I shouldn't be haha! I had a fantastic time, thank you so much! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns