24 July, 2015

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Review

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
So as you probably know by now, I recently visited Walt Disney World. If you'd like to read my other posts about my trip, you can find them all here!

When Dan and I booked to go back to Walt Disney World, we booked the same hotel as we stayed in in 2014- Disney's Caribbean Beach resort. We loved it last year so we decided to try it again for two weeks. If you look at it's Tripadvisor page, you will see it gets quite a few bad reviews from people complaining about it, but seriously if you decide to go, I would 100% recommend it and hopefully once you've read this post you will see why!

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
There are two types of rooms, standard rooms or Pirate themed rooms (like Pirates of the Caribbean). The standard rooms used to be a blueish green colour with a Finding Nemo theme but are all being refurbished to have a theme like you can see in the picture. You can either get a room with two double beds or one king size bed (which is HUGE). All rooms are a really good size as far as I'm concerned and have a bathroom with a toilet, bath and shower, while the his and her sinks are just outside with sliding doors to allow privacy from the bedroom area. I personally have never had a problem with the rooms, Mousekeeping do a fantastic job and I love the decor.

The resort is made up of different "blocks", named after different places in the Caribbean: Barbados, Martinique, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Aruba and Jamaica. There is also Old Port Royale which houses the food court, main swimming pool and shops. Some of the blocks are not located that near to Old Port Royale but they are all a maximum of a 5 minute walk away (I did see someone write a review saying it took them 15 minutes to walk to breakfast... I'm pretty sure it was written by a snail, we stayed at the furthest block from Old Port Royale). This is what a lot of people complain about but we personally loved the walk. You get to walk along a beautiful lake first thing in the morning to help wake you up before sitting down to a nice breakfast. If you have walking difficulties, there is a Disney bus service that drives around the resort taking people from one place to the other. I really don't see why people complain but I guess you can't please everybody!

The resort is a "moderate" grade, which means it's slightly more expensive than the lower grades, but not as expensive as the Grand Floridian hotel or anything like that. I think a lot of people forget that this means it is NOT a 5* hotel even though it is a Disney hotel which means they aren't going to wait on you hand and foot. Heck, most Disney hotels don't wait on you hand and foot- but most people spend their time in the parks, not at the hotel, so this isn't a problem for most people.

The scenery is gorgeous as most of it is set around a huge lake. They have also added sandy areas in places around the lake to replicate a beach, complete with deck chairs and hammocks. Dan and I lazed around in a hammock a couple of nights and it was absolute bliss. Most of the different "blocks" also have a private swimming pool area which are less busy than the main swimming pool. Probably should have taken a picture of the scenery, but I was too busy enjoying myself!

The resort provides lots for kids like a "Movie under the stars", where at 9pm every night they play a Disney movie on a huge projector near the main food court which everyone is welcome to go and watch. Most evenings they also have a campfire where adults and children can go and roast marshmallows and play volleyball (a safe distance away from the campfire). There's also a room full of video games as well for kids who love those! The resort is also so close to Epcot that you can actually watch Epcot's fireworks every night at 9pm from one of the "beaches"- who wouldn't love that?!

All in all, I would definitely visit Caribbean Beach again. If we go back, we will probably stay at a different resort purely as it would be nice to try something new, but I would definitely go back if we changed our minds. If you're planning a visit to Walt Disney World, do keep it in mind and take the bad Tripadvisor reviews with a pinch of salt- there are more good ones than bad ones!

Have you visited Caribbean Beach before? Let me know your thoughts- or let me know if I've convinced you to give it a try! :P

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been to this resort but I am a DVC member with my home resort in Kidani Village at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

    I just cannot fault Disney, we stayed there last year for the first time and it was amazing, the staff, the rooms, the amenities all fantastic. I could have happily stayed at the resort all day!

    I really think Disney do go the extra mile and I love nosing round the other resorts so will check out CB next year when I go back!

    Great post!

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous of you being a DVC member! CBR definitely isn't as good as Animal Kingdom Lodge, but it is a lot of fun. I would always stay at a Disney hotel if I could afford it! xx

      Delete
  2. The resort sounds wonderful! I've always wanted to stay at one of the Disney hotels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth it I think, even if just for the extra magic hours and proximity to the parks!xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns