19 July, 2015

Fitness Update: Getting back into fitness


Image Source

In my last fitness update post, I told you it was going to be my last... which it totally was, until a few people asked me in different places to keep it going. I really love writing these posts but wasn't sure how well they were being received, but now I know people are enjoying them I will carry on writing them!

So while I was on holiday, I didn't do much exercise apart from a LOT of walking. I'm having to wear a pedometer for 100 days for a global challenge my work has asked me to take part in and on one day in the Magic Kingdom I did over 31,000 steps in one day. In fact, in the two weeks I was in Florida I did over 318,000 steps- and I didn't even go for a run once!

When I got back, I took a week off from fitness to give my feet a rest but also just to give my entire body a rest. I'd worked so hard before my holiday to lose weight that I'd kind of exhausted myself a little bit and I felt it was probably time to have a week off to just relax and enjoy myself. I'm glad to say that I actually missed exercising and saw a difference in my energy levels etc. which spurred me on after the week to pick it back up again!

So this is what I've done so far this month:

  1. Joined a gym!- So I finally gave in and joined a gym. I'm not a huge fan of gyms, but I think it's just because I'm very self conscious and insecure and I always feel like everyone's looking at me. They really aren't and I just need to overcome the anxiety I guess!
  2. Worked out a new fitness plan- Before I went on holiday, I was exercising 6-7 days a week to try and lose as much weight as possible before my holiday and to be honest, it was killing me a little bit. Towards the end, I'd pretty much worn myself out and had to stop. Now I'm back, I've decided to only exercise 5 days a week and make sure I have two rest days per week so that I won't get to that point again!

It's not much, but I'm trying to gradually ease myself back into things now. I'm going to start doing longer runs soon once I'm back into the swing of things and hopefully get back into lifting weights! Let me know if you have any tips for my weight loss/fitness goals and tell me if you're also on your own fitness journey!

6 comments:

  1. Yay I'm glad you've carried on with the fitness posts as I enjoy reading them. I was lacking the motivation to go to the gym this eve but reading this has spurred me on a little :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad people were enjoying them! I'm glad I motivated you- I'm having to try pretty hard at the moment to motivate myself! xx

      Delete
  2. I need to join the gym, ugh. It's so difficult to get motivated when you've never been interested in sports. I used to hide during PE! xx

    aymielouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was 100% the same, I'm not interested in sport AT ALL. I had so many excuses to get out of PE so I feel your pain! It's been hard but I think once you find some kind of exercise you enjoy then it gets easier! xx

      Delete
  3. So great to hear that you are getting in to fitness again, 'cause so am I! Good luck girl!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns