21 July, 2015

Marble Cupcakes & Recipe!

Marble Cupcakes
I've finally been able to bake again, hooray! I'd taken a bit of a break from baking simply because it started to feel like more of a chore than something I WANTED to do. After I came back from my holiday I really felt like I actually wanted to start baking again, so I'm really happy that I've got the baking bug back!

Something I've been wanting to try for ages has been Marble Cupcakes. I've made Marble Cake many times before but decided this time to take that recipe and turn it into cupcakes. As you can see, they turned out pretty well and they tasted delicious. Marble cake is perfect for when you can't decide whether you want chocolate cake or a vanilla cake (don't pretend you don't know that struggle). Instead, you can have both in one delicious package!

Marble Cupcakes
Recipe:
Ingredients:

  • 175g softened butter
  • 175g Caster Sugar
  • 175g Self Raising Flour
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder

You will also need cupcake cases! I managed to make 12 cupcakes out of this mixture.

  • First, mix together the butter and caster sugar in a mixing bowl until butter has become creamy.

  • Then add the eggs, flour and baking powder to your mixture and mix well.

  • Take a separate (smaller) mixing bowl, and pour half of your mixture into this bowl.

  • In the first mixing bowl, add the teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix well.

  • In the second mixing bowl, add the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (Depending on how "chocolatey" you would like it, you can add 1-3 tablespoons)

  • Once your two mixtures are ready, spoon a teaspoon of each into each cupcake case until they are half full. For example, for mine I added one spoonful of vanilla, one spoonful of chocolate, another of vanilla and another of chocolate. Keep taking it in turns in each cupcake case, making sure that you are completely covering the base of the case.

  • Once all the cupcake cases are full with mixture, take a cocktail stick and start swirling! You should see that marble effect starting to take place. But don't swirl too much! Remember that the chocolate is stronger than the vanilla, and if the chocolate becomes too "dominant" it will turn your cupcakes a complete brown colour and there will be no marble effect. Unfortunately I am speaking from experience!

  • Bake in the oven on 180 degrees for around 22-25 minutes, depending on how large your cupcakes are.

  • Leave to cool and then enjoy!

After that, it is completely up to you- you can leave them without icing or you can add vanilla or chocolate frosting. Or if you're feeling REALLY adventurous you can make a mixture of both frostings and have marbled buttercream! But I'll leave that for another day... ;)
Let me know if you try these for yourself and feel free to ask me any questions in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. They look really delicious and would look so delicious with frosting on too! Thank you for sharing!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I agree, I'll definitely be making some more and adding frosting on soon! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh these look delicious! I love marble cake so much, now I need to make these marble cupcakes!

    Jessica | Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do make them! They went down a treat with my friends and family haha! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm gonna have to make these, perfect idea for when I get back from work craving all things bad for me haha!
    Steph xx http://stephjayne.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the good thing about homemade cakes is that you know exactly what's in them- they're definitely better for you than store bought cakes! (Although still not exactly healthy haha!) xx

      Delete
  4. Gah, these look wonderful! Love the look of the marble effect too.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I kinda wished they'd been more "marbley" if that makes sense, but they still came out pretty good for a first attempt! x

      Delete
  5. Looks so very divine! Awesome blog!
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns