23 August, 2015

Fitness Update- August

In February this year, I decided to start getting fitter and try to lose some weight ready for my holiday. Since then, most months I've written an update on my fitness, letting you guys know the highs and lows of my journey! You can read the previous posts here.

I've had a really bad couple of months with fitness, to be completely honest! I've been really trying to push myself back into it as I said last month, but I haven't been doing so well. My problem is, I often think "oh well, one bad day isn't going to hurt", but then that one bad day turns into a bad week and then that's turned into a bad month. I think because I no longer have the holiday to work towards, my main goal and motivation has now gone, even though I was trying to tell myself that this was a long term thing rather than just for the holiday.

I weighed myself today and I've put on 4lbs. I'm not happy with that at all and I was SO proud of my achievements before the holiday. Luckily, I managed to lose 4lbs while on holiday because of the amount of walking we did, so I'm pretty much where I was before the holiday so I'm not too far behind.

So, what now? I'm going to try and really push myself. I'm about to start researching healthy and easy meals to take to work for lunches (Because I've been so bad recently at going to Pret every day and it's not helping my bank balance either!) because I think that will help a LOT, and Dan and I are going to find some healthy dishes for dinners too. Breakfast is another weak point for me, so I'm going to try and find some quick meals to eat in the morning to keep me full until lunch. Feel free to suggest things for me! :)

In terms of exercise, my previous exercise plan that I wrote just wasn't fun or interesting enough, so I'm rewriting that to give me a nudge and hopefully make it a bit more fun again! I used to really enjoy exercise and I'm sure that once I get myself back into it, I'll start loving it again. I'm going to make myself go the gym 5 times a week for a while to try and get back into the habit of exercise. I think a lot of my problem is that I was in such a habit of eating healthy and exercising that once I stopped it all just went wrong. I might be wrong, but I'm hoping that rebuilding the habit will be the key to my success!

So, yes. I haven't been doing very well at all. Feel free to tweet me all of the motivational quotes and give me a kick up the bum! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns