28 August, 2015

Hollywood Studios

Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios
I hope you're still enjoying all of my posts about my recent trip to Walt Disney World! If you haven't seen the previous posts, you can find those here.

If you like the movies and want to feel like you're in Hollywood, Hollywood Studios are for you! As soon as you walk in, the showtunes are playing and the scenery looks like you are in the home of the movies! Now... this may be a bit surprising as I love everything about Walt Disney World (and I do), but I'm not a huge fan of Hollywood Studios. It's okay, but it's nothing to write home about. It used to be, but it seems that they are closing a lot of things down to make way for new things- so until they come out, it's a little bit boring. Sorry Disney!

But, there are still some things worth doing in Hollywood Studios, so I thought I'd still write a post on my top things to do anyway! So without further ado-

The Great Movie Ride
According to my friend, this used to be THE ride at Hollywood Studios before Toy Story Midway Mania stole that title. It is a good ride, taking you through some of the biggest films, from westerns to horror to musicals. It is a fun ride and it is kind of interactive as well. It could probably do with an update though, a lot of the film references are getting a bit old and younger audiences just won't get them.

Star Tours
Probably the best ride we went on, Star Tours is a simulator ride which takes you on a Star Wars adventure. One of the coolest things about this ride is that there's over 50 adventures, so you can keep riding again and again and it's quite unlikely you will experience the same adventure twice! I'm also not a huge fan of Star Wars but I still enjoyed it anyway, so don't worry if you're not a big fan!

Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
I have a love hate relationship with this show. I've seen it both times I've been to Walt Disney World and I do love it because I love Beauty and the Beast, but there are some things in the show that bug me. For example, in the film we all know Belle left the Beast to return to her father and then comes back, to which he says "you came back!". But in this show, he still says that line, but she never left. It just doesn't make sense, but I guess they just assume we all know the story so it doesn't matter. I know I'm being way too picky but it's my favourite film so I feel I'm allowed!

Muppet Vision 3D
I'm a huge Muppet fan, so anything with Muppets is a winner for me. This is a really fun show in which Kermit shows you their new 3D show and of course in true Muppet style, things begin to go wrong. My friend told me they might be closing this down though, which will be a real shame! :(

These are my favourite things that we experienced, I've also heard that Toy Story Midway Mania is fantastic, but we couldn't get fastpasses and the queue was a bit too long! And of course, there's the Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Roller Coaster, both of which I can't experience because of my dizziness :( But let me know what they're like!

If you've been to Hollywood Studios, what did you think of it? I think they're planning lots of improvements for it, so I'll be interested to see what it's like when it's finished! Until then, if you do visit, definitely check out my top things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns