30 August, 2015

Reflecting back on August

Reflecting on August
At the end of each month, I like to reflect back on any achievements and set new goals for the next month. As a relatively new blogger and a intermediate cake decorator, I think it's good to set goals and think about what went well and what didn't! Plus, it'll be good to look back at the reflections at the end of 2015. If you'd like to read my monthly reflections so far, you can see them all here.

I feel like I did quite a lot this month actually, which is good! I spent time with my family, I met up with old friends, visited some beautiful places like Hampton Court Palace- phew! I've had a really, really good month though and I feel very happy at the moment!

August's Accomplishments

  • New look for Cakey Dreamer!- Not really an accomplishment, but I love my new look thanks to Aly and I'm working harder than ever on this blog- hopefully you are noticing the subtle changes I'm making! :)

  • Creating a Castle out of cake- Which you can see here! I said in my last reflection post that I wanted to try making some more daring cakes and this was definitely the hardest cake I've ever made. It's not perfect but I love it and I'm super proud!

  • Plucking up the courage to post some of my drawings- I've wanted to do that for ages, but have always felt a bit self conscious, so I'm glad I finally felt brave enough to do it- and you guys were so kind about them, so thank you!

September's Goals

  • Continue building my Cakey knowledge- I really enjoyed trying to make the castle cake, so I'd like to try and make some other bigger cakes too. Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments!

  • Get more crafty!- Towards the end of last year, I was really into sewing and paper crafts, but blogging and cake decorating kinda took over and those hobbies took a back seat. I don't want to push too much on myself but I'd like to try and do a bit more crafting!

I find it really helpful to set myself goals, especially because it feels amazing when you actually achieve them! What goals do you set yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns