04 August, 2015

Rose Cupcakes

So finally I have got back into baking! I had a complete lack of inspiration before my holiday, plus I'm trying to lose weight and it's very rare that I can resist eating my cakes! I'm doing okay so far though, I've been taking the cakes into work for other people to eat- saves me from temptation!
Rose Cupcakes
One of my favourite places to get inspiration for cake decorating is from magazines, so when I was asked if I wanted to receive Baked and Delicious Magazine* I was really excited! I wasn't wrong to be either- the issue I've received is full of amazing recipes and a free gift too! They also have an online community called Bake Club*, which you can subscribe to and gain access to even more recipes, tutorials and a place to share your creations with other bakers!

One of my favourite recipes was for these Rose themed Cupcakes. I think they are SO pretty and perfect for a girly Afternoon tea! I'd also never covered cupcakes with fondant before so I really loved that the Bake Club had a video tutorial to show me how to do it. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting, although it was still harder than covering a large cake! Their tutorials also helped me create the roses on top- they were pretty hard but the tutorial helped a lot. I don't think they're bad for a first attempt on both cupcake covering and rose moulding!

The actual cupcakes themselves are just vanilla, topped with buttercream and fondant, but they look pretty don't they?!
Rose Cupcakes

Let me know what you think of the cupcakes, hopefully you like them too! Also let me know if any of you have ever heard of Bake Club- it really is a great way for finding fabulous recipes!

*Baked and Delicious Magazine and the Bake Club subscription have been gifted to me, however all opinions are 100% my own.

24 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look fab. I've never made roses before but yours look great. I'm not a big fan of mounds of frosting, so fondant is a nice change. Lovely post thank you. Sammie http://www.feastingisfun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm the same, too much frosting on a cupcake can make it really sickly. I found that using fondant made them still really yummy but without being overly sweet!

      Delete
  2. They look very pretty Sian, you did a good job with these. Ha I also take anything I bake to work, it's the easiest way to shift the cakes without eating them all yourself :) xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty! It really is the easiest way, otherwise I will genuinely eat them all myself!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm quite proud of the roses as it was my first time attempting them! I'm glad you like them!

      Delete
  4. I think those roses turned out great for a first attempt! I'm rubbish at decorating cakes but these are so bloody cute!!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very pleased with them for a first attempt, everyone can decorate cakes, it just takes practice! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I wish I could bake, but I can't bake or cook to save my life, haha! These are absolutely adorable and first attempt? They're so good!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can't cook at ALL, but luckily I can bake. My fiance is the one who cooks, so we have a pretty good balance!
      Thank you so much, I'm glad people seem to like them! :) x

      Delete
  6. Aww they are so cute! especially the little rose on top x

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad the roses came out well! xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! I had one (or a couple, whoops!) and they were pretty good, if I do say so myself! :) xx

      Delete
  8. They're lovely! My mum does a lot of cake decorating :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh that's really cool, it's quite a popular thing, especially since GBBO!xx

      Delete
  9. omg those cupcakes look so cute and yummy x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look lovely! I know what you mean about not having the motivation to bake - as there are only 2 of us, if I'm trying to be healthy then it's pretty much impossible as I have 12 cupcakes to eat!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I know, it's really hard, I've got to get back into the healthy eating but still try to be able to bake! xx

      Delete
  11. Very pretty in pink! Those look scrumptious! I'm terrible, I always end up eating half a batch of cakes to myself too! I really should copy your idea of taking them into work - but when they taste so good I can't just have one!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, it's SO difficult not to eat them! I took these into work and still ended up eating quite a few of them! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns