14 August, 2015

Walt Disney World Must Do's: My favourite restaurants!

Yep, another post about my recent trip to Walt Disney World! If you'd like to see the others, you can find them all here.

So, if you're going to Walt Disney World, you'll find that there are a LOT of restaurants and it can be so difficult to decide where to go! I thought I'd give you a rundown of my personal favourite restaurants to visit! (Note that this list doesn't include Be Our Guest or Cinderella's Royal Table because I've reviewed those separately- but they are my top 2!)

Downtown Disney's Rainforest Cafe
1. Rainforest Cafe
Actually there are two of these, one in Downtown Disney and one in Animal Kingdom. Both are fabulous. I love the Rainforest Cafe so much, so I will always recommend it. They serve amazing food (we recommend their Chicken Caesar Salad!) and the atmosphere is so much fun, dining in the jungle amongst "real" animals, like elephants and gorillas. Every now and then there is a thunderstorm which makes the animals very noisy! If you go to the one in Downtown Disney, they have a bar called the Lava Lounge which looks out onto a lake (as you can see below). We loved going there in the evenings when it was cooling off, it was so relaxing. The staff in the bar are really chatty and friendly too! (P.S if you're heading to London anytime soon, there's a Rainforest Cafe in Piccadilly!)

Downtown Disney View from Rainforest Cafe


Downtown Disney's T-Rex Restaurant
Downtown Disney's T-Rex Restaurant
2. T-REX
In Downtown Disney and made by the same people who own Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex is basically the same principle, but instead of dining in the jungle, you're dining with dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. Every now and then there is a meteor shower, which makes all the walls change colours and the dinosaurs become noisy. It is very similar to the Rainforest Cafe with the food and drinks but it is definitely worth it. Plus, this is the ONLY T-Rex restaurant in the entire world, so that's pretty cool right?

3. Planet Hollywood
If you want to pretend to be a movie star, Planet Hollywood is totally for you. When you arrive, you'll get your photo taken on the red carpet before being taken inside to the restaurant, which is FILLED with movie memorabilia. The food is really good, I love their burgers and the cocktails are amazing. (There is also a Planet Hollywood in London, but I've heard it's not very good. I haven't been myself though so that could be wrong!)
EDIT: I have now been and it definitely IS wrong, you can see my post about the London Planet Hollywood here.

4. Sci Fi Dine in Theater
This gem is located in Hollywood Studios. I didn't take any photos of this one because it was dark, but basically it looks JUST like a 1950's drive in movie place, which is SO cool. As soon as we walked in, Dan and I were thinking how excited we were. It serves your usual diner food, burgers etc., as well as other things like steaks and salads. They have incredible milkshakes! The movie screen shows previews of sci fi films from the 1950's. They really aren't scary, so don't be worried for kids or anything like that. The experience is so much fun, although everyone is really quiet like you would be in the cinema, so don't go expecting to chat a lot. I'd 100% recommend this restaurant though!

5. Coral Reef
Coral Reef is located in Epcot and is a seafood restaurant. It has a huge aquarium that you can then watch while you eat. By huge, I do mean huge. They give you a factsheet all about the aquarium and the fish in it, and one of the facts was that the aquarium was so wide that 1 inch of the water would fill a normal sized swimming pool! I was glad of this because I hate when animals are cooped up. The food was delicious, although it is a seafood restaurant mainly, they do serve other foods- Dan had pork belly!


Hopefully if you're heading to Walt Disney World anytime soon (if you are I'm so jealous), these will give you some ideas of where to book! If you've visited these restaurants, let us know what you thought!

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't been to the Rainforest Cafe in Leicester Square - always wanted to go! The Sci Fi diner sounds like my kind of place too! x

    Laura | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, we love going to the Leicester Square one! We weren't sure whether the sci fi diner was going to be good or not but we ended up absolutely loving it! xx

      Delete
  2. heeey! hope you have a great day! do you want to follow each other via bloglovin? if yes, just follow me there and i'll follow you back soon! http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns