04 September, 2015

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom Tree of Life
I hope you're still enjoying all of my posts about my recent trip to Walt Disney World! If you haven't seen the previous posts, you can find those here.

When we visited Walt Disney World in 2014, Animal Kingdom was probably our least favourite park. We just didn't think there was much to do there but we were SO wrong! I think it's because as we only had a week last year, we rushed around a lot so we missed things, this year it was more relaxed as we had two weeks, so we found a lot more to do, now it's definitely NOT our least favourite park at all!

I think what I love about Animal Kingdom is how beautiful it all is and you really feel like there is nature all around you. They're very involved with looking after the environment and animals and it is mentioned in a lot of places, but without it being too in your face which can be a bit annoying. So, as with my previous posts in this series, let me tell you what I personally think are the top things to do in the Animal Kingdom!

Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safari
This is the number one thing to do at Animal Kingdom. This safari takes you round to see lions, elephants, zebras, giraffes and SO much more. I haven't seen an elephant in real life since I was a little girl (remember when London Zoo used to have those poor elephants?!) so I was so excited to see them again. I don't even know where my closest zoo with elephants is if I'm honest though! This always has long queues, so we had a fastpass for it. I think I actually would queue for this though, it was that good. I love how the safari guide is so knowledgeable (yeah, it's definitely a script but they still had to learn that script!) and that they tell good jokes. The ride is bumpy though, so if your camera has a sports setting, use it. Mine unfortunately, does not. :(
Also, Disney recently announced at D23 that they will be doing sunset safari's, so they will keep the ride open later, which sounds like it will be amazing!


Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur
Dinosaur has given me trust issues guys. I was told by a friend that it was a harmless simulator ride like Star Tours, so you know it's not real and it's not scary at all. Well, I was lied to because it is NOT a simulator ride, you actually do drive around in a little car and you go RIGHT up to the dinosaurs and I screamed my lungs out. You know a ride is scaring you to death when you have to chant to yourself "little kids can do this, little kids can do this...". Do go on it though, it's a lot of fun!

Kali River Rapids
I really think this ride is the best when it's your first time. It's always fun though, but when you don't know where the drops are it's so funny. This ride is a water ride (so you WILL get wet) that will spin you and drop you (only small drops) and is just so much fun.


I hope you're still enjoying reading these posts as much as I'm enjoying writing them! It's helping me keep the Disney magic alive for a little bit longer! And to finish, here's a bonus picture of me meeting Tarzan ;)
Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns