22 September, 2015

Making a Rose out of fondant | Cake Decorating for Beginners

It's been months since I last wrote a cake decorating tutorial, I'm so sorry! I've got a few planned now though, so you'll be seeing a lot more of these from now on! :)

A while ago, I made these Rose cupcakes which everyone seemed to really like, so I thought I would show you how I created the little roses from fondant so that you can make them too!

All you will need for this is some fondant- you can use tools, but I'm going to show you how to make them without tools!

How to make a rose from fondant icing

First, roll a small ball of fondant between your hands.

How to make a rose from fondant icing
How to make a rose from fondant icing

Then, roll a slightly smaller ball of fondant and then flatten with your fingers (or you can use a ball tool if you have one). You'll want to make it as thin as you can, without making it too flimsy that it will fall apart!

How to make a rose from fondant icing
How to make a rose from fondant icing

Wrap the flattened ball of fondant around your first ball, moulding it to the shape of the ball like above.
Then just keep repeating! Wrap them around the sides, experiment with larger and smaller petals etc., until it looks something like the below:

How to make a rose from fondant icing

It really is that simple! I always thought roses looked quite difficult to make until I learnt how to do it, so don't be afraid! I'd love to see your creations too, so make sure you tweet me or tag me on instagram- I'm @cakeydreamer on both! :) Also with Halloween coming up next month- black roses will make any cake look spooky yet pretty!

How to make a rose from fondant icing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns