27 October, 2015

Blogger Interview Tag

Blogger Interview tag


I was tagged by my dear friend Danielle to do the Blogger Interview tag, so a big thank you to Danielle for that! I thought this would be a really interesting tag to do, give you a bit of a behind-the-scenes look into Cakey Dreamer and myself!

How did you get into blogging?
When I was about 13 or 14, I had a little Disney fansite (it was called Disney Promises- what kind of name is that?! Also, don't laugh, there were loads of Disney fansites back then, it was a thing I promise!) and it was pretty popular, but eventually got hacked and I lost everything after 2 years of work... Devastated. Then 6 years later I started blogging in December 2014- so nearly a year ago! I can't believe that actually, it doesn't feel that long ago at all! I basically started to read a few blogs like Sweetapolita and Bakerella and decided that I wanted to create my own little space to show off my cakes and bakes. I'd gone through a horrific personal experience and I was actually pretty depressed... focusing on my blog has helped bring me out of that and I feel a lot better about everything now!

What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?
Don't expect to be Zoella after a few days, months or even years- what has happened to her is very one-in-a-million and there are now a million blogs out there trying to copy her success. Don't get caught up in the hype! But, as long as you enjoy blogging and you don't take it too seriously (i.e., still have a life beyond blogging!), you'll be fine. I love blogging and I love the people I've met through it and the opportunities I've had and there's no reason you won't love it too- just don't be naive and think you'll be living in a million pound house next week!

What would be your dream campaign?
I'd love to do something for the Make a Wish foundation. I don't know what or how, I don't know if that would even be possible, I just know that I love what they do for poorly children and I'd love to be a part of that somehow! Failing that, I love to help out with animal charities, I'm about to do a  Halloween themed bake sale and raffle for the Guide Dogs charity at work!

Do you have a plan for your blog?
Honestly, no. I have blog posts planned and I kinda know what I want this blog to be, but it changes all of the time. Sometimes I want to be more of a food blog, other times I want to be more of a lifestyle blog and I know you're "supposed" to have a plan and a niche etc. etc., but hey- this is my blog and there are clearly people out there who enjoy reading whatever kind of niche this blog is, so... that's my plan. To keep writing posts my lovely readers enjoy!

What do you think about rankings?
This is something I just don't know- Sometimes I really care and I want to build this blog up to be successful, and then other times I just think "what does it matter as long as I'm enjoying it?". I don't want to be a full time blogger, the most I would ever do would be part time (along with a cake decorating business I hope!), so I guess it doesn't matter as much to me as it does to someone who's desperate to make it their full time income.

I'm awful because I never tag people in these, but if you do want to do this tag, please do it and let me know so I can read your answers! :)

If you'd like to know anything more about me though, feel free to leave your question in the comments- I'm thinking of doing a Q&A for my blog's 1st birthday in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns