26 October, 2015

Devil Cupcakes | Halloween Cake Decorating!

Devil Cupcakes

I've been really enjoying making these Halloween themed bakes the past few weeks and today I have a new one for you!

I've been looking through Pinterest for Halloween themed bakes and I've seen a lot of zombies, ghosts, witches etc., so I decided to do something a bit different. You always see devil costumes at Halloween, so I thought I'd do some devil cupcakes!

I made some vanilla cupcakes and topped them with red buttercream. I'm actually a bit disappointed in the colour of the buttercream, I used Dr Oetker's bright red food colouring gel but it still seemed to go pink which is annoying!

Devil Cupcakes


I then made little fondant horns (which I used a similar technique to how I made the witch's hat out of fondant a few weeks ago) and left them to harden slightly before I added them to the buttercream.

Again, like my other bakes this is really simple, quick and easy to make before a Halloween Party or get together. 

Let me know if you make these by tweeting me @cakeydreamer! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns