18 October, 2015

Tips for Saving Money

Tips for Saving Money

As you may know, Dan and I are saving for a mortgage so that we can buy our own house. It's pretty hard, but we've found that we've been learning little ways we can save money each month. I thought I would share with you some of the little ways we've been trying to save money- maybe they'll be able to help you!

  • Cutting back on Starbucks/Costa/etc. I'm a sucker for Starbucks and Costa, especially as there is a drive thru Costa a few minutes drive away from my house- and conveniently also on my way to work. This means I often stop by and then go to a nearby Starbucks on my lunch break and it's surprising how much it all adds up! It might only cost you £2 something, but if you add that up per week and per month, you're spending a lot of money! Now I try to treat myself once a week and the rest of the time just make more time in the mornings for a coffee before I leave for work, and make a coffee at work during my lunch break. It saves so much!

  • Taking lunch to work Another big cost is buying lunches. Like with coffee, it doesn't seem much when you're paying at the till, but when you add it all up at the end of the month it's a LOT of money. I try to make my lunches the night before work and then take them in- it's helping me with my weight loss too so it's a win win situation!

  • Keeping a list of what I spend I've found this really helpful, mainly because it made me realise how much I was spending on nothing! After that, it's good to see how much you're saving!

  • Only buying 1 treat per month So if I really want something, I either buy it that month or wait until the following month. That way I don't overspend and I save more. Of course if it's something I need then that's different, but I mean like new DVD's or whatever. This also includes things like going out for meals etc.

If you have any tips, I would love to hear them! We've only just started and it will be a long process, but hopefully these little things will help a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns