17 November, 2015

Christmas Cosmopolitan | #AldiFavouriteThings

Christmas Cosmopolitan

I'm beginning to get super excited for Christmas, are you?! It definitely is my favourite time of the year and I can never stop myself from getting excited once it hits November.

I'm taking part in Aldi's Christmas Cocktail challenge where they asked me to come up with a cocktail recipe perfect for the festive season!

Luckily for me, my fiance Dan has worked in hotel bars for nearly 15 years which meant that he was able to help me out a little bit and we had so much fun creating some fancy cocktails- some of which tasted great, others... not so much.

My favourite cocktail that we created was a Christmas Cosmopolitan- I'm a big fan of normal Cosmo's so it made sense that we'd add a Christmassy spin to a favourite!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup of Cranberry Juice
  • 50ml Tamova Vodka*
  • 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
  • Ice Cubes
  • Fresh Mint (few leaves needed only)
  • Mini Candy Canes

Recipe

  1. Add a few Ice Cubes into a cocktail shaker.
  2. Pour over 50ml of vodka
  3. Squeeze the juices of half a lime into the shaker.
  4. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
  5. If you want to make it really minty, add in a few torn up leaves of Fresh Mint
  6. Add 1/2 cup of Cranberry Juice (Or if you want to water down the vodka, use 1 cup of Cranberry Juice)
  7. Shake up! 
  8. Pour into glasses filled with ice and garnish with candy canes.
Let me know if you try this as I'd love to know your thoughts! What are your favourite Christmas drinks?! (Alcoholic or not!)
Christmas Cosmopolitan

*Aldi supplied me with the Tamova Vodka, however all views are my own as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns