30 November, 2015

#Fitmas: Week 2

#Fitmas Week 2

Recently, I began the #Fitmas challenge created by Corinne. I'm going to be writing weekly posts detailing my progress with the challenge and hopefully that will help to spur me on! If you want to join in, visit Corinne's blog to find out more!

So last week as I mentioned, I didn't do so great for many different personal reasons. Luckily, that made me super motivated to make sure that week 2 went a million times better!

This is what Week 2 looked like:
Workout 1: Ab Day and 35 minutes of cardio
Workout 2: Leg Day
Workout 3: Arm Day
Workout 4: Optional
Weekly Challenge


Monday
I went to the gym and did 35 minutes on the treadmill. I did 15 minutes running and 20 minutes powerwalking as I haven't run for so long- I didn't want to do too much and felt like I should probably ease myself back into it!

I then went home and did Ab Day, which consists of:
20 crunches,
20 side crunches left,
20 side crunches right,
20 leg raises
20 bicycle crunches.

I didn't find this too bad, although crunches do kill me a little bit! I felt sore the next day but it was that good kind of sore where you know you've actually done some good!

Tuesday
I went back to the gym and did another 35 minutes on the treadmill, however this time I ran for a little bit longer (only 17 minutes, but baby steps!) and walked for a little bit less.

The programme only says you need to do cardio once, but as being on my way to running 10k is my goal for Fitmas and as I didn't do any cardio last week, I'm allowing myself to do a bit more than the programme states. But I'm definitely not going to be overdoing it!

I didn't do leg day today simply because my legs were already killing me- so I decided to wait until another day and made today my Optional workout day!

Wednesday
I took Wednesday off because I was still feeling really sore and didn't want to overdo it!

Thursday
Today I did Leg day as I missed it on Tuesday, which consists of:
Donkey Kicks (3 sets of 10 reps each leg)
Fire Hydrants (3 sets of 10 reps each leg)
Side Leg Raises (3 sets of 10 reps each leg)
Weighted Glute Lift (3 sets of 20 reps)
Lunge to front kicks (3 sets of 15 reps each leg)
Squats (3 sets of 20 reps)

Friday
My last workout was Arm day. I quite like arm day, not sure why but I do! Arm Day consists of:
Chest Press (3 sets of 15 reps)
Chest Fly (3 sets of 15 reps)
Shoulder Press (3 sets of 15 reps)
Upright Row (3 sets of 15 reps)
Bicep Curl (3 sets of 15 reps)
Tricep Kickback (3 sets of 15 reps)
Push Ups (3 sets of 20 reps)

Well. I love Arm day excluding push ups because WHY CAN'T I DO THEM?!

I also went back to the gym to do another run and am pleased to say I managed to do 20 minutes continuous running and then 15 minutes walking. My baby steps seem to be working- but I'm still setting my sights on being able to get back to the amount I used to be able to run (35-40 minutes continuous running) before I start off on my 5k-10k plan!

I'm really happy with my progress this week. I've worked so hard to make up for the fact that last week was such a dud!

If you're doing Fitmas, how are you getting on?! If you're not doing #Fitmas but want to keep up to date with everyone's progress, use the hashtag on Twitter or visit Corinne's blog to see the link up! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns