08 December, 2015

Christmas Cookies | Christmas Baking!

Christmas Cookies

I realised the other day that I haven't made very many cookies on this blog! Christmas is always a popular time for cookies, so I thought I'd make some yummy Christmas Cookies to share with you all!

You will need:
  • 350g Plain Flour
  • 100g Self Raising Flour
  • 125g Granulated Sugar
  • 125g Butter
  • 125g Golden Syrup
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon extract
  • 1 large egg
  • Rolling Pin
  • Star Cookie Cutter
Method

1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees/Gas Mark 2. 

2. Sift both flours and mix with the sugar in a mixing bowl.

3. Add the butter and mix with your finger tips- you want the mixture to look like breadcrumbs! 

4. Lightly beat the egg before adding to the mixture with the golden syrup and cinnamon extract. Mix well.

5. Stop mixing when the mixture has formed a ball. 

6. Roll out your mixture to your desired thickness (I'm gonna leave that up to you!) and using a star cutter, cut out as many cookies as you would like!

7. Put your cookies onto a pre-lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. I prefer softer cookies, so I took mine out after 18 minutes, but if you'd prefer them to be crunchier, leave them for a couple more minutes!

8. Allow your cookies to cool before attempting to ice. Once cool, decorate however you would like!

Christmas Cookies

Please let me know if you make these, I would LOVE to see your creations. You can use the hashtag CakeyDreamerBakes on Instagram or Tweet me @cakeydreamer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns