24 December, 2015

Christmas To Do List Recap

Christmas To Do List Recap
At the beginning of every December, I've always written a list of things I want to do during the festive season. By that, I mean fun and festive things that you can only really do at Christmas!

This year was no different, except that I posted it on my blog which I'd never been able to do before! So I thought as a nice recap, I'd let you know what I managed to tick off my list!

Go to Winter Wonderland
Unfortunately, I didn't do this one- not a great start huh?! I was meant to but unfortunately it didn't happen. There's always next year though! We did however go to Winchester Christmas Market and Southampton Christmas market, so I feel like we definitely did a lot!

Visit Reading's Winter on Ice
As you can see from this post, I did visit Winter on Ice! Actually, I visited it a lot on my lunch breaks. It wasn't fantastic but it was good and also they sold doughnuts. So... y'know, I pretty much HAD to go.

Make some Christmas Decorations!
I made some Decoration stockings this year.. I really wanted to make more but funds restricted me :( Maybe I'll buy some stuff in the sales and save it for next year!

Make my own Christmas Cards
I did this too! Luckily this wasn't affected by funds as most of the stuff I bought last year, so I just needed to buy a couple of packs of paper and that was it. They've gone down really well. The best part about home made Christmas cards is that it doesn't really matter if they're not amazing because it's the thought that counts!

Watch Christmas films snuggled up with hot chocolate and a blanket
Dan and I did this a LOT. Not always with hot chocolate and a blanket but every evening we had together when he didn't have to work, we watched another Christmas film. We ended up watching loads of them! And we did have one very christmassy night snuggled in bed with a blanket, hot chocolate, snacks and a Yankee Candle burning. (Because it HAD to be Yankee right?!)

Do all my Christmas shopping
I'd done all of this by the beginning of December which felt amazing. I love getting it all over and done with so all I have to do is relax and enjoy the festive period!

Visit Santa/Father Christmas
Apparently I'm "too old" to do this one. *crying* I don't see why at 23 years old I can't visit Santa, how will he know what I want for Christmas?!

Write some Christmas themed blog posts
Do you think I've done this? I definitely think I have! In fact, I don't think a single post this month has been about anything other than Christmas- sorry about that! I do love this time of year though and I hope you've enjoyed them!

Bake lots of Christmas themed treats
I've definitely done this and I've loved it! My Recipe Roundup will show you all of the cakes and bakes I've made this month, I hope you've enjoyed them and if you've tried any of them, please show me! You can tweet me @cakeydreamer or use the Instagram hashtag #cakeydreamerbakes!

So as you can see, I've done pretty well! I'm quite proud of myself, I don't think I've ever done as much as this before, so it's been a pretty successful month! 

Let me know what you've done to celebrate the Christmas period! 

There won't be new posts for the next few days so let me wish you the merriest Christmas, I hope you all have a wonderful day and I can't wait to hear what you all have been doing! I will be back with a new post on the 27th :) 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns