02 December, 2015

Visiting Reading's Winter on Ice!

Winter on Ice

If you live in the UK, you've probably heard of Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, London. I'm hoping to visit there this month as it's one of my favourite things to do at Christmas time.

Some places have cottoned on to the success of Winter Wonderland and have tried to recreate the magic on a smaller scale. Like Reading in Berkshire, who have created Winter on Ice

This is literally next door to where I work, so it's difficult to not get excited as you see all of the Christmas lights going up and the rides going in. I decided to visit on my lunch break to get a quick taste of the Christmas spirit (which explains why it's a ghost town, it's always packed in the evenings when I leave work!)


First of all, I just want to say that if you are in the local area and are thinking of visiting Winter on Ice- DO NOT go thinking it will be another Winter Wonderland, because it's not. If you go there with that in mind, this will seem crap and that's really not what it is!

If you just take it for what it is, a small area filled with Christmas food stalls, a few rides and game stalls and a pretty cool ice rink, you will definitely enjoy it. (Who wouldn't enjoy Penguin Dodgems?!)

It is definitely aimed more at families but there is a bar for adults who wish to drink and things like the ice rinks are definitely for more grown up kids and adults. 

I personally love visiting Winter on Ice. I came last year and I enjoy popping over on my lunch break to get some Christmas spirit. And doughnuts, I love a good doughnut haha! 

Have you ever visited a local Christmas fair like Winter on Ice? Let me know what you thought! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns