22 December, 2015

Why having a December birthday is fun!

Why having a December birthday is fun!

So today is my 23rd birthday! Happy Birthday to me!

Having a birthday in December gets a lot of bad press- whenever I tell people my birthday is in December I usually get replies like "oh, do you get a joint birthday and Christmas present?" and "oh that must be horrible!"

Actually... it's not. I went through a stage where I thought it was because everyone kept telling me it was, but the more I thought about it, the more I realise that I love it!

So here's my reasons why having a December Birthday isn't as bad as you think:

You get MORE presents- It's very rare that I get a joint birthday and Christmas present... Unless it's a present that costs a lot or something, in which case that's completely fair enough! But usually, I get at least one birthday present and one Christmas present from everyone.

No feeling sad when your birthday is over- when I was younger, I used to start to feel sad at the end of my birthday. No more presents, no more celebrating, back to normal. But wait- only for 2 days, then it's CHRISTMAS and I get to celebrate more and there are more presents and happiness and yay!

Everyone wants to celebrate- Want to go out and get a bit tipsy? EVERYONE is okay with that. It's silly season, so everyone is up for anything. You want to eat an entire birthday cake? No one cares, it's Christmas. You want to drink an entire bottle of wine? Um, hello. Christmas. Everyone is down for everything. I feel sorry for people who's birthday is on the 1st or 2nd January. NO ONE wants to celebrate then.

People are more generous- Especially if you're celebrating. Expect lots of free drinks/food.

So for those of you who think having a December birthday is awful, you're wrong. It's pretty cool actually. Although it can suck only getting to celebrate one time of the year- half birthdays should definitely be a thing.

Now I'm off to go and celebrate my birthday, feel free to leave me birthday messages! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns