28 January, 2016

An Adult Disney Themed Dinner!

Yes. Those are Mickey Mouse salt & pepper shakers. You jel?

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you will know that I am suffering heavily from the Disney Blues (see my tips on how to cope with them here!).

So, to try and ease the pain, I decided to make a Disney themed Dinner for me and Dan- but don't worry, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I'm cooking Mickey Mouse shaped burgers or whatever and why am I wasting your time sharing those?

No. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but no.

This is a more grown-up meal, based on meals we ate during our stay in Walt Disney World!

So here's the menu:

Main Course: Steak (inspired by Cinderella's Royal Table's Steak & Shrimp)
Sirloin steak served with gouda-mashed potatoes and vegetables.

Dessert: The Grey Stuff (inspired by the dessert at Be Our Guest Restaurant)

I made WAY too much mashed potatoes...

In case you don't know, one of my all time favourite ever blogs is The Disney Chef, who shares her copycat recipes for the recipes you can find in Walt Disney World and Disneyland California. (Seriously, if you haven't checked her blog out, you really should) I used her fabulous recipes to create our dessert!

Although unfortunately because I couldn't find the right ingredients, I just had to use chocolate Angel Delight which didn't look as good as I'd hoped... so I didn't take a picture. I'll have to hunt for a UK version of Jerusha's recipe!

We were actually meant to have this a different night but the steaks hadn't defrosted enough, so we couldn't. Which is fine, it's not like I'd prepared or anything...


*cries internally*

Also, I feel like I should explain that those are slippers with black leggings and my Minnie Mouse apron. I don't walk round the house in a Minnie Mouse costume, although I do feel like that wouldn't surprise many people.


The other morning, we also had a yummy breakfast of American style pancakes with maple syrup, orange juice and coffee, which doesn't sound very Disney-ish, but it's what we had quite a few times for breakfast on holiday!

I definitely think we'll be doing this again when the Disney blues get too much!

If you've been to any of the Disney Parks, are there any meals that remind you of your stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns