29 January, 2016

Fitness Update: January


I haven't done one of these posts for a couple of months because I was doing Fitmas and instead was doing the weekly updates for that- but I am back and with good news too!

This month has been a pretty good one for fitness. I'm getting back into working out regularly, I'm eating fairly healthy (although I still allow myself treats occasionally) and I can tell you that I've lost over half a stone! I struggled a little bit due to having a couple of bad weeks in my personal life, but now things are settling down I'm feeling much better!

I'm trying not to get caught up in weight loss though because every time I do, I fail. I'm focusing on getting fitter, running further, lifting heavier weights etc. I do want to lose weight (quite a bit too), but that will come as I get fitter anyway!

I've also been drinking a lot more water and using a Water Reminder app to remind me to keep drinking regularly. So often I've felt like I was starving but ended up just being thirsty and it stopped me craving loads of junk food etc! My skin already is starting to look better too and it's also helping with my bloating!

You might have seen my post on getting more organised with fitness which honestly has helped me so much. I'm not going to go overboard, no one should live a completely scheduled life because life should be fun, but it is nice to have a plan and it saves me a whole heap of time too.

Next month I'm just hoping to keep it all up- My first and current main goal is to just keep going with the fitness and the healthy eating and not allow myself to slip back into old habits.

I'm struggling with not having a "goal" (Last year I was aiming to lose weight for our Walt Disney World holiday) or something to keep me motivated, but hopefully it will get easier and as it becomes a routine, I'll find it easier to stick to.

In my recent reader's survey (Thank you if you submitted a response!), you guys said you wanted more fitness posts, so I've been thinking of doing bi-weekly updates. Let me know if you'd like that or if you'd prefer I stuck to once a month!

If you're trying to get fitter, let me know how you're doing in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns