13 January, 2016

Visiting Las Iguanas in Reading | Lifestyle

Las Iguanas Reading

A restaurant that Dan and I love to visit is Las Iguanas in Reading. We love the atmosphere, the food and the amazing cocktails so on a recent date night, that's where we decided to go. 

Las Iguanas is a Latin American themed restaurant with amazing flavours and music. It's probably not for you if you don't like spicy food though!

Dan and I like to go here for a drink sometimes as they do incredible cocktails (I always enjoy an Iguana Cosmo!) and do Happy Hour pretty much all day every day, where you can buy one drink and get another free- OR buy one pitcher get another pitcher for free which is a pretty amazing deal.

Las Iguanas Reading

We had nachos to start off with and added chicken (I didn't even know that was a thing!), which was delicious but SO spicy. We both found it hard to eat it all, although Dan somehow managed haha!

Las Iguanas Reading
As someone who is intolerant to onions and garlic, (I know right?!) I actually find it hard to find a main course on the menu that doesn't have either in so I always go for the burger- without the onions of course! (I think the sauce probably still has some onions it but luckily it doesn't seem to affect me if there's only a little bit!) The burger is always delicious, although this time I seemed to have a burger half the size of the bun! I've never had that problem before though so I'm sure that was a one off.

Dan has recently found that if he avoids gluten, he feels a lot better in himself and I'm so glad that Las Iguanas have started a gluten free menu as we've never been offered that previously! Planet Hollywood had separate gluten free sections in their menu and honestly, I wish more restaurants would do something like this so that people who can't have gluten don't have to hunt around the menu to find the few things they can have!

It's fair to say our love affair with Las Iguanas hasn't ended yet and we can't wait to head back on a summers evening for some cocktails and food!

Have you ever visited a Las Iguanas restaurant? Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns