26 February, 2016

Fitness Update #3

Fitness Update

Two weeks ago, I wrote a bit of a gloomy fitness update. I was feeling pretty crap about myself, I wasn't feeling very motivated and just generally felt pants.

Well, I'm pleased to say that writing it all out helped a lot. I guess I just realised that I can't keep feeling like this- I can't keep eating whatever I want and not exercising and then crying when clothes don't fit or when I don't like what I see in the mirror.

But also- I don't want to not like what I see in the mirror anymore, you know? Some people who are the same sort of size as me are happy with how they look and that is great. I wish I could feel like that, but unfortunately I just don't. 

It's time to really give myself a kick up the ass and start working hard to achieve the way I want to look but more importantly, the way I want to feel. I want to feel healthy, confident and most importantly, comfortable. Comfortable in my own skin, in my clothes.

I start a new job in 3 weeks and I recently tried on an old work dress of mine which annoyingly doesn't fit. So that's a new motivation for me to try and lose a bit of weight for when I get my new work clothes and so I can fit into that dress!

So I've started making small changes again. Taking lunches to work, cutting down on the amount of Starbucks/Costa coffee I buy and limiting myself to 1-2 per week (do you think they make skinny white chocolate mochas in Starbucks?).

I'm trying to make sure that I do a little bit of exercise every day, even if it's just a 10 minute POPSugar video. When I start my new job, I have to get the train to work every day so I might try and walk to the train station every day, which is a good 25 minute walk and would help a LOT.

A lot of you last time were telling me to invest in a Fitbit, so I'm definitely looking into one of those now, I've been thinking about getting one for a while now!

So, wish me luck. I really hope that I'll be able to update you in 2 weeks and be like "yay I feel so much better!", but who knows. Fingers crossed!

How is your fitness journey coming along? I'd love to hear how you're all doing, especially those of you who felt the same as me last time! We CAN do this! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns