02 February, 2016

Heart shaped Cake Pops | Valentine's Day Baking!

Valentine's Day Cake Pops

What are your feelings on Valentine's Day? Do you love it or hate it? I'm not the biggest fan of it, I think we should show our love for each other anyway but it is nice to have a nice dinner or whatever.

Well, if you are a Valentine's Day fan then I've got some fab baking ideas for you if you want to make a special dessert or if you're happily single and just want to eat some yummy cake- then these will be great for you too!

Today I'm going to tell you how to make the "Cake Pops of Love". Cheesy, but all I could think of.

You will need:

Method

1. Bake your vanilla sponge mix in the cake pop mould (the time will depend on the recipe you use)

2. Once out of the oven, let your cake pops cool COMPLETELY before opening the mould.

3. Once the cake pops have completely cooled, open the mould and release the cake pops into a bowl.

4. In a separate bowl, melt a quarter of the candy melts either over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave.

5. Dip a cake pop stick into the melted candy and then into a cake pop. Repeat for all.

6. Pop into the fridge for 10 minutes until the candy has set inside the cake pops, holding the sticks in place.

7. Remove from refrigerator and leave for 5 minutes to allow them to adjust to the room temperature again. (Cake Pops are super temperamental and therefore a bit fiddly!)

8. Melt the remaining red candy melts in a bowl.

9. Dip each cake pop into the red candy melts, covering them completely.

10. Leave to dry- you can find many cake pop stands which are great for allowing them to dry properly!


And that's it! Cake Pops can be fiddly at first but once you get used to them they're not so bad. I still struggle with the candy melts and I think that's something that takes practice, but hey- if they love you they won't care what your cake pops look like ;)

Let me know if you do make these or use my hashtag #cakeydreamerbakes on Instagram! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns