28 February, 2016

Reflecting Back on February



Considering how slow January went, this month has flown past. February has been a really busy month for me, which I'll get into in a minute, but I've definitely been finding it's been affecting my blog- I haven't posted as much this month as I do normally, but sometimes you have to let something slip and unfortunately for me that was my blog. And my fitness for a good half of the month. Whoops.

So here's what major things happened for me:

  • I made a Princess cake for Isabella and Dawn over at Dear Mummy- which took me an entire week and kept me REALLY busy. I'm not a professional cake decorator, it's still just a hobby for me, so obviously I work full time and had to make the cake in the evenings, which meant it was a super full on week!
  • I went to a cake decorating class!- The day before Valentine's Day I went to a cake decorating class which was my first ever one, and I had a really fab time!
  • I've got a new job!- This is what has kept me so busy really, I decided it was time to find a new job due to some big changes and so had to spend a lot of time job hunting, going to and preparing for interviews but I'm excited to say that I start my new job at the end of March! I'm currently working super hard to get blog posts scheduled for end of March to end of April so that I can concentrate on my new job but keep my blog ticking along in the background. Fingers crossed I'll be able to do it!
  • More of you are joining me!- This might get a bit smushy so sorry about that but- I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who follows my little blog. I've had so many of you joining me recently on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or on Bloglovin' and I really, really appreciate it. I've also been featured on quite a few "Blogs I Love" posts over the past couple of months and let me tell you, I get a bit emosh every time I read them. I work SO hard on this blog, baking, writing, taking photos and it's just so nice to know that it's not all for nothing and that you're all enjoying it too. Yeah, yeah, I know I should write my blog for myself but that's not the only reason, I want you guys to enjoy it too. So whether you follow me, whether you leave me comments or whether you just read silently in the shadows, thank you so much. I might have a surprise for you all in a couple of weeks...

So next month will be a little bit quieter for me, just finishing my current job and then I have a week off and I'm hoping to finally meet a good blogging friend of mine! It's my first time off from work since August (except for obviously Christmas), so I'm SO looking forward to it! 

And then I will start my new job at the end of March so I guess things will get a bit busier then! 

How has your February been, have you done anything exciting? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns