25 February, 2016

Sugar & Crumbs Nifty Nozzles


Sugar and Crumbs Nifty Nozzles

On Tuesday, you might have read my post about the Salted Caramel macarons I made using Sugar and Crumbs' icing sugar*.

As well as sending me their delicious Salted Caramel icing sugar, they also sent me one of their "nifty nozzles"- a cool piping nozzle you can use to make different types of flowers!

Sugar and Crumbs are the only UK distributors of these fab nozzles, so be sure to check out their website if you like the look of them!

They were kind enough to send me a 5 petal Tulip nozzle which I decided to try out on some yummy vanilla cupcakes. Flower cupcakes would be perfect for Mother's Day by the way, just saying!

To use these nozzles, you can very simply use them with a usual piping bag and buttercream. A little tip from me, you need your buttercream to be firm to be able to keep the shape properly- mine wasn't quite thick enough so I didn't get the exact desired effect.

It takes a bit of practise and takes a few attempts to get used to it (as with all nozzles though really!), but the best way I found was to put the nozzle to the cupcake and then lift the nozzle vertically as you pipe the tulip. They look SO pretty and there are all different kinds of nozzles too including roses and other flowers!

Sugar and Crumbs Nifty Nozzles


I just spread some buttercream icing around the tulips as I wanted the design to be simple- I didn't want to subtract anything away from the pretty tulips!

With spring coming up, these nozzles would be perfect for Spring cupcakes and I know I'm going to be using mine a lot!

Have you ever tried Nifty Nozzles, or would you want to? Let me know in the comments below!

*Sugar and Crumbs were kind enough to send me the Salted Caramel Icing Sugar and the Nifty Nozzles but as always, all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns