17 February, 2016

Visiting Oakley Hall's Wedding Fayre

You might know that last June, Dan and I got engaged (if you haven't read the story, you can find it here!). We haven't set a date, nor are we planning on getting married anytime soon but we thought it would be nice to go to a wedding fayre just to have a little look around and get ideas for the future.

Now, I just want to mention here that Dan is probably the best person to get married to. I might be biased of course, but as he runs weddings and events in a hotel, he knows exactly what we need and how the day should go, plus he knows all of the local suppliers and who the best ones are.


So... basically he's going to plan it all and I just need to focus on looking pretty.


Haha, no we will definitely plan it together but it is good to have someone who knows what he's doing (although I can tell he'll be a groomzilla!).



First of all, Oakley Hall is a gorgeous place. I've never been there before but I've had a few friends who have worked there and it's just stunning. The rooms are gorgeous, the gardens are beautiful and just the general feel of the place is perfect for weddings. I'm not sure where I want to get married yet but it would definitely be somewhere like Oakley Hall, where I can feel like a Princess!

One of Oakley Hall's bedrooms, they're so nice! 

There were lots of stalls all set up with different suppliers- table decorations, entertainment (I kinda want a magician, how cool would that be?!), food, cake, photographers and so much more and everyone was really friendly. I liked that people weren't pushy and just waited for you to ask questions rather than trying to sell you stuff.

I really want this cool dance floor that lights up! 

We're not planning our wedding yet, but we do like to discuss what we would like etc., and we already have a fair idea.


You can see some of my inspirations over on my Pinterest too:


Have you ever been to a wedding fayre? What did you think?

I just want to say that Oakley Hall or any of their suppliers did NOT ask me to write this post, I just really enjoyed it and wanted to share it with you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns