15 March, 2016

Easter Egg Hunt Cupcakes

Easter Cupcakes
I can't believe it's already nearly Easter- I really thought 2016 started off so slow and now it's sped up so much!

Easter is definitely one of the best times for baking as you can bake the brightest and prettiest cakes! Today I thought I would share with you how to make these delicious and gorgeous Easter Egg Hunt cupcakes.

Easter Cupcakes

You will need:

For the cupcakes:

  • 175g butter
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 175g self raising flour (sieved)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the decoration:
  • 100g butter
  • 300g icing sugar (sieved)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Green Food Colouring
  • Piping Bag
  • "Grass" Piping Nozzle (I found mine here)
  • 1 pack of Mini Eggs
Method:

1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees.

2. Mix together your butter and caster sugar. Add your eggs, flour and vanilla extract and bake in the oven for approx 20-25 minutes. Your cupcakes are done when they are golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.

3. In a separate bowl, mix together your butter and icing sugar and add your vanilla extract. You want your icing to be fairly thick which is why I have suggested 300g of icing sugar.

4. Add your green food colouring until you get the desired colour (I used Morrisons own make food colouring so you don't always need to splash out!)

5. Put your buttercream icing into a piping bag with a grass piping nozzle and place the nozzle onto the cupcake before squeezing your icing out. This nozzle will give you the look of grass but you need the icing to be thick to get the right look (my icing was a bit too runny as I only used 225g of icing sugar!)

6. Once you've piped your "grass", add your Mini Eggs onto the cupcakes! As many or as little as you would like.
Easter Cupcakes

And that's it! Yummy Easter Egg cupcakes, they'd be cute to have to celebrate a successful Easter Egg Hunt! 

If you make these cupcakes, please feel free to let me know- I'd love to see them! You can tweet me @cakeydreamer or use my Instagram hashtag #cakeydreamerbakes!


Easter Egg Hunt Cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment- I love reading each and every one of your comments and try my absolute hardest to respond to every one!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns